Forums Latest Members
  1. pwr1967 Dec 29, 2014

First post here, looking forward to joining future discussions.
    Just after some help on these two to break me in to the forum. Possible value but more interested in any further information. Correct dials etc..

The 190***** serial dates the Connie 561 auto to around '62. I haven't been able to find much info on the rose gold capped models. After a lot of searching, I have managed to get what I hope is a correct 4204 crown for this, (had it re-plated to match case) not sure the buckle is genuine.

The 143***** serial dates the manual wind 'sub seconds' 266 to '54. I have read somewhere the 2791-5 could be an unmarked Seamaster but would like clarification on that if possible. With a loupe,I can just make out the omega logo on centre of crystal, but it looks polished out. I thought this was stamped on the inside. Was it ever on the surface?
    Again not sure about the buckle.
    Both movements appear pretty well looked after (I can put up photos if it helps)

Any info would be really appreciated.
    Happy new year to you all
    Thanks.

IMG_0061.JPG IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0058.JPG IMG_0079.JPG IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0080.JPG
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 29, 2014

Rose gold cap piepan isn't a bad way to start out at all, dial has some patina but not bad by any means, are you after values to sell them or just curious and keeping them in your collection?

3. pwr1967 Dec 29, 2014

Hello dsio thanks, to be honest, I'm split 50/50, these are a lot smaller than I am used to wearing. I am trying to get used to them. may well move them on in the near future so a resale value would be appreciated.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 29, 2014

The Connie I'd say just a bit under a grand or so, could be more could be less, if you were to sell it $1 starting price no reserve on eBay would get you market value

5. pwr1967 Dec 29, 2014

Hi dsio, I'm in UK so ($1,000) about £650, that don't seem too bad. With that, I'm guessing about £150 - £200 for the other one on a good day.
    I'll give them another good wear, If I still don't feel happy with the size they will most likely go.

6. scook94 Dec 29, 2014

If the sub-second goes up on eBay can you let me/us know? I'd be interested in that one...

Edited Dec 29, 2014
  7. codice86 Dec 29, 2014

Where did you have the crown re-plated? How expensive was it? I also have been trying to find the correct crown for mine, but so far no luck in rose gold..

20141230_002937.jpg
  8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 29, 2014

I've had crowns re-plated in pink gold, they generally come out quite nice. In fact, an aftermarket plating shop might give you a closer match to the original, as modern Omega replacements (assuming you could find one) tend to be a bit too red.

Both buckles are Asian reproductions. The giveaway are the words "Acier Inox" (stainless steel) on a gold plated buckle. Real ones from the 1950's usually say "Plaque G", a French abbreviation for gold plated. Also, there should always be a space between the two words.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

9. pwr1967 Dec 30, 2014

A lot of searching and patience finally found one on Ebay. Seller was enesefe £16
    The re-plating was done by Goldenlux in Leicester £25
    I have the original beads of rice bracelet so sent the end link for colour match.The crap photo with bad light/shadow makes it look off but it is spot on .I was thinking of getting the bracelet re-plated but it is not in that good condition and really short as sized to a very small wrist.

10. pwr1967 Jan 11, 2015

As requested, this is now up on ebay along with the Pie pan.

scook94 likes this.