Forums Latest Members
  1. Tohz Jul 29, 2018

Dear friends of vintage UG watches,

I'm rather new to the world of vintage watches. I recently stumbled across this UG Aero Compax from approx. 1942, liked it and bought it.

However I started becoming suspicious about the dial of this watch as some of the details don't seem right to me. E.g. outer second indicators printed within the subdials or the 8 bleeding into the subdial. I'm still able to return this watch and would be thankful for any comments from your side regarding this dial.

aero.jpg
  2. Diabolik Jul 29, 2018

Yes, apart from all of the other issues.

3. ELV web Jul 29, 2018

It is a redial, not so good one at it. The 3 and 9 o’Clock subdials’ prints are way too small and off center. Also lumed hands don’t match the dial.

4. bgrisso Jul 29, 2018

also crown issues and hand issues, definitely return unless it was really cheap.....

5. Tohz Jul 29, 2018

many thanks for your comments! I guess I will return it and hope to have more luck another time.

6. bgrisso Jul 29, 2018

if you can return it, that is great ! many of us make mistakes that cannot be returned as we are learning about UG. It is a minefield, this forum is your friend in terms of verifying details. There are many indicators on the dial that is it wrong, aside from the ones you mentioned, and others have mentioned, if you keep studying you will learn them all :thumbsup: