Forums Latest Members
  1. PDv Nov 21, 2018

Hi All,
    it's my first post here and I'm seeking for advice on a watch I'd like to purchase as replacement for my father's Longines Ultrachron. I don't want to you use the ultrachron everyday, and as option I have the one in the attached pictures.
    Does it look original?
    What should be a decent price to pay for this model?

Many thanks,
    Best,
    P. L1.JPG L2.JPG L3.JPG L4.JPG

2. PDv Nov 22, 2018

Any idea if it’s a redial?
    I think I found a quite good offer (350€), but I’d like to be sure it’s worth it!
    Thanks!
    P.

3. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Nov 22, 2018

It looks very nice. Is it gold? If it is, then €350 may be quite a keen price depending on how the watch is going. The movement looks clean.
    Does it matter to you if it is a re-dial or replacement dial?

Syrte and Foo2rama like this.
  4. Rochete Nov 22, 2018

12.68Z is a high quality iconic movement from Longines. If the case is gold €350 is a very good price regardles of whether it's a redial or not. It could be, I don't know, if so it's a good one. Any pic of inner caseback?

Mark020 likes this.
  5. PDv Nov 23, 2018

Thanks both for the response, here's the photo of the case back (gold). Unfortunately the photo is not very good, but the label BAUME is clearly visible in the centre.
    I have been told it runs fine, which for me it's important since I want to use it regularly.

Best,
    P. L5.JPG

6. Khamenman Nov 23, 2018

Based on the pictures only, the lugs seems like from gold, yet the back cover seems from SS. Nevertheless, €350 is a good price for this watch, IMO.

7. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Nov 23, 2018

Looks like "gold filled" plating to me, but hard to say.

upload_2018-11-23_14-27-5.png

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 23, 2018

It's very fuzzy and out of focus, but the picture of the caseback looks to have UK hallmarks.

9K gold, perhaps?
    gatorcpa

Syrte and Tony C. like this.
  9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 23, 2018

I agree. Baume indicates Arthur Baume & Company, who was the Longines agent in the UK.
    If you get a chance to check the hallmarks they will tell you all about the case material. I suspect it's a 9ct solid gold case and caseback.

If it's a redial then it's been very well done and as a daily wearer I'd have no hesitation in grabbing it. It should also be serviced unless there is absolute evidence of a recent service (in last 5 years).

ChrisN and Syrte like this.
  10. PDv Nov 29, 2018

I just received it! It's really nice!
    I haven't opened it, but for what I can see and what the seller told me it's indeed 9ct solid gold, purchased in UK.
    I'll get a new watch strap and start wearing it.
    P.

Deafboy likes this.
  11. PDv Dec 4, 2018

12. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 4, 2018

Congrats, looks very nice - and would love to see better and more crisp pictures of it. But you should post them in the Longines subforum!

For more info, write to Longines for an extract of archive:
    Send pictures with the movement serial number to Longines-
    Look on their web site under extract of archive. It’s free.

PDv likes this.