Forums Latest Members
  1. Ken95 May 1, 2016

hey guys,

I've been looking around for my first vintage watch and have more or less settled on an Omega Speedmaster. As a result I've found 2 watches and would like to hear your opinions on them and what a reasonable price would be to pay for each of them. I've added pictures that I've obtained from the seller.

The first is a 1982 145.022 without box bracelet and papers and the second is late 1980s 3592.50 gold gilted 863 movement with full box papers and original omega bracelet!

Would really appreciate all of your assistance!:)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Edited May 1, 2016
    Andreas likes this.
  2. Fordex May 1, 2016

I like the 145022. But I'm not a speedy expert!

3. Mothra May 1, 2016

the dial and bezel on the first one is in such a bad state for a common watch there's no price low enough that I'd want it. It's difficult to value the second one with out knowing more - like your location, what bracelet it is, dealer or private sale etc.

Davidt and Foo2rama like this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 1, 2016

Dial and hands look horrible for a watch from 82. That first one is a dog IMHO. Looks like water intrusion to me.

5. Ken95 May 1, 2016

For the second one, I'm from Singapore, the dealer says its a original Omega bracelet and its a private sale! Gold gilted 863 movement! Do you need any more information and roughly how much should I be looking at?

image.jpeg image.jpeg
  6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 1, 2016

I think @Mothra is asking for the code on the bracelet clasp. I don't see end links in the parts bag but, if they're there, the code on them and much better photos of the movement would be helpful, if you want the best answers.

7. sky21 May 1, 2016

Is that just a strange reflection in the display caseback? Hopefully it is a reflection and not water damage to the movement!!

efauser likes this.
  8. cimo May 1, 2016

I'm with the folks saying the first example is a little too beat up for its age. I like the second example but don't know what premium would be demanded by a more highly finished movement.

9. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 1, 2016

And the perennial advice:

A) condition, condition, condition

B) have you explored the private watch sales on this site? Or the dealers listings above it? Some nice stuff...

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 1, 2016