Forums Latest Members
  1. prontoprint Apr 8, 2014

Hello everyone,

New member here and having read a lot of threads and just posted my introduction thought I'd throw a question out there. As it seems that's what you like best.

I came across this watch for sale but finding it hard to identify it and if it's a re-dial or worse ? The place selling are to frightened to open the back as it's very tight so I can't get any more info for you. It's 14 karat gold, as there is a Swiss Squirrel on case. This is only photo I have from them. They are stating it's 1970 as personal engraving on rear mentions 1971 but the markers feel more like a watch from early 1950s to my untrained eye

Completely understand if no-one feels my question is valid due to lack of real information but I thought I'd ask the question.

Gold Omega seamaster.jpg

2. John R Smith Apr 8, 2014

The watch is from the 1950s and has been re-dialled.

3. prontoprint Apr 8, 2014

Thanks for the quick reply, just as I suspected but just wanted some superior advice. Appreciate your time taken to reply.

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 8, 2014

How much did they want for the watch?

5. prontoprint Apr 8, 2014

Hi again, it's actually up for auction tomorrow , guide price £600 - 800 but doesn't state 14k gold in catalogue and as I mentioned they are calling it a 1970's example. Quite a sad inscription on rear as it makes mention of someone who died at sea.