Forums Latest Members
  1. bingallwatches Nov 10, 2017

was considering purchasing this watch on eBay, the price seems ok for a mint condition but no box and papers and clearly had some links lost in the past as it only fits a 6” wrist (not the end of the world as I’ll be putting it on a strap anyway). Does the price seem reasonable to you guys? Or should I offer a lower amount?

https://www.phigora.com/omega-speedmaster-day-date-stainless-steel-3521-30.html#_

Cheers

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 10, 2017

What research have you don yourself?

3. bingallwatches Nov 10, 2017

The dealer seems to be reputable, High ratings on eBay and Chrono24. All the details on the watch look true to spec, I’ve been looking at this reference for about a year so I have a lot of different pictures to compare it to.

I’ve contacted the seller and asked for some photos of the caseback and movement so I can verify the insides are original also.

4. panaitchrono Nov 10, 2017

In my opinion you can find a lower price. Just watch the eBay for auctions. It's not a very rare model.

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 11, 2017

6. bingallwatches Nov 11, 2017

Cool thanks guys, I’ll check that out

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 11, 2017

Not expecting a white MK40...

I’d get one with a bracelet that fits you at that price. Your paying for it.. might as well be useable. But yes this watch looks great on the right strap.

6’ bracelet is worth nothing. Slightly over priced due to that imho.

8. Tennos Nov 12, 2017

Bracelet size is probably the dealbreaker here. You will pay more when buying from a dealer, but there is greater peace of mind. Research price and availability of additional links. If they’re readily available and reasonably priced, see if you can negotiate down to a price you are comfortable with.

9. bingallwatches Nov 12, 2017

I was thinking of offering them $2000 and seeing what they come back with. It’s a very low ball offer though so not expecting much of a positive response. Thanks for all your help, my main issue tends to be dealing with US or Japanese dealers whilst buying from Australia. I’d love to buy in person and I have alerts out with all local dealers but after two years they have never had the right model/reference in.