Forums Latest Members
  1. erasmus666 Dec 6, 2019

Apologies if this has been asked before but I'm new to buying luxury watches. I'm considering either an Omega De Ville Prestige 36mm OR a Tudor 1926 36mm. I appreciate the former watch is a chronograph whereas the Tudor is not. Does anyone have any thoughts please about which one I should go for and why? Thank you in anticipation of your replies. Michael

2. rondeaux Dec 6, 2019

These are new watches and this is a vintage sub-forum so this might need to relocate. That said, I think you mean chronometer instead of chronograph. The chronometer won't make all that much of a difference as they'll both run pretty accurately as new watches. Hard to tell you what to buy though other than to get what you like within your budget.

3. stevec14 Dec 6, 2019

Honestly, I think you should buy the one you like best. Ultimately it’s you who will be looking down on it all the time so pick the one that puts a smile on your face the most. They are both good watches.

personally, I’d prefer the omega but that’s just me. Tudor make a fine watch.

kip595 likes this.
  4. pongster Dec 6, 2019

Try both on. And see which jumps at you.

Personally, neither piece particularly appeals to me. But i do love both brands.

wagudc and Foo2rama like this.
  5. scapa Dec 6, 2019

I might look at the Tudor BB 36 if you're in the market for a mid-size from one of these two marques. Lacks the two-tone of the 1926 but has a very clean and purposeful dial and some fine case detailing. It can be dressed up or down and is a pleasure to wear. Just a suggestion, and good luck with your search,

Lotus_Eater8815 likes this.
  6. Claven2 Dec 6, 2019

The prestige deville is ultra-slim for an automatic. I have one, or rather I did until my wife decided it should be hers.... but I loved it for the brief period I had it. It wear much larger than 36mm, by the way, because it is so thin.

Hard to find a better watch to slide in and out of expensive shirt cuffs when wearing g a suit.

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. Donn Chambers Dec 6, 2019

The DeVille has a better movement — the Tudor uses a modified eta-2824. If that’s important to you.

8. guwipa Dec 7, 2019

Do you mean this one here? 36 (.8) mm and Chronograph, as you said :)

95f0343e-8aee-11e6-98fd-40283cb8dcf0.jpg

9. asrnj77 Dec 7, 2019

I think you asked this on WUS as well, right? On Omega forums the skew will be towards Omega while if you asked the same on Tudor forums (if such a forum existed) they would likely say Tudor. Personally I wouldn’t recommend one brand over another. They are different watches and when you try them on one will “sing” to you more than the other. That’s the one to buy..

thelinendial likes this.
  10. Lotus_Eater8815 Dec 7, 2019

Gorgeous! Does this come on a panda/reverse panda? Is it a coaxial?

thelinendial likes this.
  11. guwipa Dec 7, 2019

isn't it? ::love::

But no, mvmt is handwinding Cal 861 from the Speedmaster and no Panda dial available at that time, only white, silver (as seen) and a blackdialed version were on the market. Case was both, SS or 18k gold available.

thelinendial and Lotus_Eater8815 like this.
  12. guwipa Dec 7, 2019

Lotus_Eater8815 likes this.
  13. thelinendial Dec 7, 2019

My response will be similar to others - both great brands so you should choose what matches you.

Personally I’d be able to help more with opinions if you post pictures of the watches (on your wrist is best or share your wrist size) and talk about your style and what you care the most about in regards to watches.

14. Lotus_Eater8815 Dec 8, 2019

Great movement and great looks!

guwipa likes this.
  15. micro Dec 8, 2019

I personally don't see any real advantage of one over the other, so just go with the watch that speaks most to you.
    Both watches will provide years of reliable service.

Try each on, walk around the AD, look in a mirror with the watch on, take pictures of the watch on your wrist, then go home and have a good think...

16. thelinendial Dec 8, 2019

After looking up the Tudor and retreading to see the above pictures I’m going to say Omega and start saving up for one myself!