Forums Latest Members
  1. Watchmutt Sep 30, 2017

My Sea-dweller is running fine but it's never been serviced in 8 years. So I think it's time. It could also use a nice case refinish to like-new. Its important to me that the case is finished to the exact factory specs for polishing, angles and edges etc.

Where is the best place to send it for service in the US? Should I drop it off at a Rolex boutique or ship it direct to a particular service center. Does one service center have a better reputation than any others?

I've been hanging out here lately. But I should probably check on TRF too.

2. 2ar2c1 Sep 30, 2017

LA Watch Works in Pasadena is excellent: Beau and Edvi are very experienced.

3. sensui Sep 30, 2017

Yeah LAWW and ABC are great especially in vintage/older pieces. My local watchmaker here in San Diego has been excellent also handling high value vintage/modern pieces also..look up D's Time Service...they take mail in also. Tom is cw21 and I'd trust him with any swiss.

4. HogWldFLTR Sep 30, 2017

RSC Dallas has a good reputation. Price includes a Rolex two year warranty although in truth good independent will do the same however the Rolex one transfers with the watch. Rik Dietel at http://www.timecareinc.com/ does a great job as well. Most places are relatively close in terms of cost.

5. Watchmutt Sep 30, 2017

Thanks for the leads. I read about RSC Dallas too, and I like being able to transfer the warranty. But i'll look at the non Rolex options too.

6. sensui Sep 30, 2017

I personally don't like RSC due to consistency...you really don't know who'll work on the watch...and servicing five digit watches or older often means them changing out parts as they see fit in restoration.....I don't even want to talk about the inconsistency in polishing/mistakes in polishing when you tell them not to etc. It's a dice roll imo for older pieces.

7. onthedial Oct 2, 2017

@Watchmutt
    I'll personally recommend ABC Watchwerks in downtown Los Angeles, but it's often the case that a watch owner would prefer to work with someone near or relatively close to their place of residence (we don't know where you're located). If that's the case or you simply want more options/ideas I'd suggest you have a look at some of the other Rolex-specific forums...there's lot's of helpful info to be had.
    [Even though your 16600 isn't "vintage" I'd still choose that section simply because I wouldn't take your watch to an RSC for servicing].

Edited Oct 4, 2017
  8. ras47 Oct 3, 2017

Although I live in New Jersey, I sent my GMT Master II to the Dallas RSC. Not back yet - I'll be posting pics (before/after) when it's on my wrist again.

9. Watchmutt Oct 3, 2017

Thanks again guys.

I'm looking forward to hearing how the Dallas service turned out.

10. Overgrower Oct 3, 2017

I think a RSC is fine for a 16600 to be serviced. You can make requests that parts are not to be replaced. The movement would be serviced with Rolex Warranty which is really nice.