Forums Latest Members
  1. melinlas May 15, 2017

Hey guys, this is my first post. Sorry if this is in the wrong place or anything, though I don't think I am.

I'm about to inquire about this watch that's for sale. Seller doesn't know much about it, saying it was passed down to him. Circa 1950's according to him. He's asking the equivalent of around $230

I'd just like to know if there's anything that seems a bit sketchy or that I should specifically ask for pics of. I've yet to inquire so this is all I have (from the ad posted). Please let me know if it's something I shouldn't even be looking into.

Thanks, I don't know much about vintage omega IMG_20170515_230011.png IMG_20170515_230040.png IMG_20170515_230106.png

2. kreyke May 15, 2017

Case is decent, doesn't look polished. Bezel is cracked. Not sure if it's dirt or rust around the case.

Most importantly, do you like how the watch looks? Some people like this patina. Some people hate it with a passion. Depends on you.

I guess for 230(usd?) it's a decent, if not fair price.

3. melinlas May 15, 2017

Oh gosh I love the patina. I'm not one to buy things based off of trends or 'what I'm supposed to like'. This watch really sings to me so I'm really hoping it checks out with all of the experts who come across this. Thanks for your input

4. Edward53 May 15, 2017

The bezel is cracked at 7.30. It will cost more to fix it than it's worth.

5. melinlas May 15, 2017

I kind of like the age that you can see and the slight scars on the watch. Would leaving it there be truly damaging to its ability to be used, or is it purely cosmetic?

6. Edward53 May 15, 2017

I don't know what would happen as I've never tried wearing a watch with a broken bezel, but most people would regard that as a serious defect. It's actually broken and if it got caught on something it could come off. It doesn't affect the watch's functioning. I am not sure if the dial has been refinished as the S in Seamaster is the long coathanger S in the older models, not the round one here. It's not a watch I would want, but we all see these things differently.

7. BenBagbag May 15, 2017

I'd be worried a crack like that would pull a sweater... if not for the bezel I would say very good price.