Advice on vintage f300 Constellation

Hello. I found this watch while sorting through some estate items that have been sitting for many years, likely 20+. I took it to a jeweller first to see if it was running, they put a battery in it and said it was not but I could leave it with them to diagnose and repair.

I decided to take it with me and do some more research. I do enjoy watches but am no expert by any means, I watch Marshall on wrist watch revival and just dream about owning something nice.

I was not able to find a 344 battery around me but after some research I figured I would try a 350 as it seemed that should work. The watch is running just fine. I put a basic black leather strap on it just for now.

The buckle has definitely been changed and I am not sure if the strap would be original either. I have seen some of these watches with a very similar looking strap, however it is quite worn and cracking on the inside. I would like to source an authentic omega strap and buckle to go with this watch. It does not have to be from the same model originally but something that would match. I have found some on eBay but many are clearly fake. Where is a good place to source one? I like the look of this strap below, would this be authentic?

I would appreciate any other info on this watch also, I suspect late 60s to early 70s for a date? I would love to have it fully serviced but I don’t think that is in the budget. Any suggestions for basic servicing?

Thank you

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/11588927924...ndwcldiq3q&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Edited:

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
It’ll be from circa 1972 plus or minus a year or so. I had the blue dial version. Post the serial number for an accurate date. A service will cost nearly as much as it’s worth sadly. The strap you link to is notched so won’t work. Its prob fake too.
Edited:

It’ll be from circa 1972 plus or minus a year or so. I had the blue dial version. Post the serial number for an accurate date. A service will cost nearly as much as it’s worth sadly. The strap you link to is notched so won’t work. Its prob fake too.
The blue dial one is stunning, I used photos from a blue 1972 model that is for sale to compare with this one. It had very minor differences but was nearly identical. I will try to get the SN

One fun fact. If yours is like mine, you’ll see the number 80 stamped between the lugs on one side. That’s the gold plate thickness in microns which is very thick vs other plated models. It’s on a par with the earlier gold capped models in fact. So much so you can actually refinish one of these without breakthrough.

One fun fact. If yours is like mine, you’ll see the number 80 stamped between the lugs on one side. That’s the gold plate thickness in microns which is very thick vs other plated models. It’s on a par with the earlier gold capped models in fact. So much so you can actually refinish one of these without breakthrough.
Yes it is stamped L80 with the omega logo between the bottom lugs. I was curious what it meant, thank you. I don’t plan to polish it but good to know!