Forums Latest Members
  1. interzonez Jun 25, 2017

I'm now pursuing two potential lines of Speedmaster acquisition - a purchase that requires a dial upgrade to original OR buy a piece with correct dial in place but perhaps missing some unique characteristics of the first piece (year, ghost bezel..)

Having explored Speedmaster101 and other helpful sites including this one I'm aware of the heated marketplace for specific dials and bezels.. seems crazy prices.. though I note quite a number of dials for 361's which is opposite to what I would have thought, being a rarer watch..

I'm personally searching for a 145.022 stepped dial.. but they seem as scare as hens teeth - where are alternative places to search out dials other than ebay etc? To endlessly pursue and hunt or abandon and buy with correct dial in place.. how common are these things - i..e how many might be out there in the wild.. 000's? 00's?

Is this market going to get worse or better - I guess it's directly tied to the upsurge in demand.. and prices people are willing to pay.. probably worse..

Edited Jun 25, 2017