Forums Latest Members
  1. kkrankall Mar 15, 2017

I'm wondering if any one thinks the lume on the dial should have some patina on this watch seeing the hands are very dark. Think it's a service dial? I see T SWISS MADE T on bottom so if it is, it's an old service dial.

[​IMG]

Thank you in advance!

Etp095 likes this.
  2. alohatime Mar 15, 2017

I think the omega logo on the dial should not be white, and concerned about the different shades on the subdial hands. But biggest thing for me is that air bubble thing between the glass and the bezel insert?

3. kkrankall Mar 15, 2017

Yes I see the bubble now. The logo should be orange but looks like it has been turned to a yellow like the hands. Yeah I'll pass on this one. Too many things are just not right.

4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Mar 15, 2017

It doesn't have a bezel insert. The tachy ring is a thin sticker on the underside of the crystal so it is possible that, with time, this has started to come unstuck. It is easily solved with a new crystal and wouldn't be an authenticity issue.

kkrankall likes this.
  5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 15, 2017

I don't mind the dial and hands, some do fade to this colour. Stewart covered the bezel sticker. The main thing I'm not hot about is the case. The sunburst is gone and that's one of the nicest things about these cases. It could be restored, at the cost of some metal, but that's not ideal.

If you're looking to wear, maybe not a deal breaker, if the price is right. It's not likely to appreciate much if at all, but probably wouldn't fall under water over time if you get it for a good price.

kkrankall likes this.
  6. alohatime Mar 15, 2017

Is it not ideal because it will take away too much of the metal? Or because of the added cost to refinish the case? If omega serviced the watch they wouldn't take off this much metal would they?

[​IMG]

kkrankall likes this.