Advice on shops in London and SE please!!

Hi all,

I trust everyone is well, wherever you are in the world?!

Newbie here. I have really loved learning from the forum over the last few months. I also bought my first watch,
a Constellation c case 168.017 after some advice. One consequence of buying this, however, is that I've realised as of right now my newfound passion for vintage omegas is largely confined to the internet! So I have a question about shops...

Where in London or SE England would be good to visit to:
a) see, try on and experience vintage watches (particularly Omegas);
b) discuss and learn from someone knowledgeable and friendly;
c) ... and maybe buy them!

It goes without saying that there is a lot of cross-over here.

So often in the past I have seen things online which I think I wouldn't go near (this happens often with straps for me actually), but then when I see it and hold it in person I feel completely different. What's more, nothing can substitute a good old fashioned chat with someone knowledgeable.

Thank you in advance for your wisdom and support.

S.

I can recall many threads on this topic. Try a search like this:

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 7.24.11 AM.png

wow did not know that trick with google was possible. On it.
Any others welcome in the meantime

Thank you Dan.

There are a few shops around Clerkenwell in London. The arcades around Mayfair are good for window shopping too.

On a wander around Notting Hill today I chanced upon a shop mainly doing phone repairs but in the window was a Seiko Sportsman with the promise of " more vintage watches inside". I went in and sure enough there were a couple of Cartier and Rolex. On spotting me the proprietor asked what I was interested in and from under the counter produced a rather gaudy 80s Omega ( bi metal) and a Jaeger Memovox. I handled the Memovox and was a little disappointed. It lacked the feel of quality, felt a little light and tinny but it was still nice to have a chat and handle some vintage pieces.