Forums Latest Members
  1. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! May 6, 2014

2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar May 7, 2014

It's a cool looking watch. A few things about this specific example:
    1. Most examples I have seen used orange hour/minute hands. This does not mean the hands currently on the watch are necessarily wrong, but just an observation.
    2. watch was polished extensively - this is most evident on the back. The top was also polished, but some of the original finish can be seen.
    3. I think the watch is over priced for eBAY. What these typically sell for is difficult to determine as they don't come around that often, but for the condition this watch is in I think it is overpriced by about 20%.

CajunTiger likes this.
  3. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! May 7, 2014

Thanks Joe! I was curious about #1 also. Ive seen the watch with orange, black and white hands and wasn't sure which where original. Most of the time when I see the orange hands they are in nice condition. These white hands seem to have age consistent to the watch.

Are the white hands replacement hands?

thanks for all your observations.

4. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! May 9, 2014

5. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy May 9, 2014

I have owned this exact model since new, I have seen them sell for 2k to 4k.
    Stefan sold the best I have ever seen for somewhere North of $3k but less than 4k
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/supe...mer-with-tachymeter-145-020-caliber-861.6551/

I like mine as the next best and I value it at $2.5 - $3k.
    IMGP3708.JPG IMGP3705.JPG

If you add an original box, bracelet, papers, nos condition,etc., you can add value to these numbers.

Regarding your question, with that nasty looking chrono hand and the engraved caseback, I'd like a better look and probably be closer to $2k than $3k.

CajunTiger likes this.
  6. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! May 9, 2014

Thanks for the info, very helpful. How does a service dial affect value, especially if NOS condition.

7. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy May 9, 2014

You looking for a daily wearer or a collectible?
    There are examples assembled from new parts that are great daily wearers but probably will depreciate instead of appreciate.
    I am not too familiar with values of these assembled parts watches but I know Watchco and others have them available.

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 9, 2014

9. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! May 9, 2014

Im looking for a collectable that I would occasionally wear. So I was originally looking for a nice used condition, but original watch. But I found a NOS watch w/ service dial from a forum member that looks very tempting...its not a fraken watch, it looks 100% correct except for service dial...but I'm no expert. I collect primarily Rolex subs, and know them very well...this would be my first Omega. So the question is how badly the service dial affects value?

10. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy May 9, 2014

The dial is the face and the soul of the lady, her lines show her history, her grace and sometimes, remarkably preserved original beauty!

Remove that face and replace it with another?
    To a lover of the mechanics, not that big of a deal, some watchmakers do it all the time.
    To a lover of the art, total destruction.

Reduce potential market by half = reduce potential value by half, and maybe much more.

11. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 10, 2014

Here's mine. I paid £1,750 for it about a year ago, but we do pay more for vintage watches in the UK. Nice un-polished case but it does have a few small battle scars.
    Football.jpg

UncleBuck likes this.