Advice on Seamaster De Ville with Linen Dial

Hi all, I’m keen to get some advice on a Seamaster De Ville I have my eye on. I’ve read through the extremely useful “how to fish” post and some of the Seamaster De Ville posts, but still have a few questions.

This is the watch on Chrono24 https://chrono24.app/omega/omega-seamaster-de-ville-linen-dial--id29075971.htm?SETLANG=en

Are there any recommendations on how to care for watches with linen dials? This one looks in great condition, but I imagine they can deteriorate if not looked after properly.

Is there anything specific to look out for on combined gold/steel cases?

I’d also appreciate any thoughts on a reasonable price for this watch. This will be my first vintage watch so would be very grateful for guidance.

Thanks in advance!

Please post photos so the thread will have lasting value to the community. Linen dials need no special care beyond any vintage watch. Keep them dry and have them serviced by experts.

With a bit of patience you’ll be able to find one in similar condition for half the price. Keep an eye on the marketplace threads on OF.

It bother me a little that the crown has a diferent colour..I think it's replacement.

It looks a decent piece, but I'd echo the comment about the price. I've seen some great SdV's for £750 to £900 and this one is more than £1,500.

I think that gold-capped SMDV examples probably sell for similar amounts as full stainless models. The dial is nice, but the price would be at least 2x too high for me to consider it.

Nice dial but otherwise an unexceptional example with a replacement crown. Quite expensive even from a dealer.

I agree that gold capped is broadly equal to stainless steel in terms of value and you can get a nice non standard dial, with correct crown and bracelet for under £1k. Just over if serviced.

Id wait for a better piece at a better price.