Forums Latest Members
  1. omegaswisst May 2, 2018

Hi All,

Looking to make an offer on this Seamaster and just wanted to confirm everything is OK.

My thoughts so far:
    Case- looks quite sharp
    Crown- original
    Movement- 491 looks clean (full serial not visible)
    Dial- looks good, but I'm not confident to say it's not a redial
    Hands- look original
    Price- 750 USD

Any comments or advice appreciated.

Seamaster 2848 dial.jpg
    semaster dial 1.jpg
    Semaster crown side.jpg

Seamster movement.jpg

Seamster 2848 caseback.jpg

Semaster inside caseback.jpg

Edited May 2, 2018
    dxholdren and colinchew like this.
  2. Dan S May 2, 2018

The printing on these waffle dials always looks sloppy to me under high magnification, but I starting to think that it's normal. Taking that into account, I think it looks good overall. Lume dots probably replaced, but I wouldn't let that be a deal-breaker. To be sure of everything, see if you can get the full serial, and also the reference number and then check other examples using the OVD and Google Images. If everything checks out, something in the $500-$600usd range would be fair, unless there is something you haven't told us, like extra accessories, proof of servicing, warrantee of operation, etc.

Looking forward to other opinions.

3. omegaswisst May 2, 2018

Thanks @Dan S

The lume dots stood out for me as well and that's what created some doubt. I've had a look at few other waffle dial seamasters and the font on the dial looks to be OK.

4. dxholdren May 8, 2018

Personally, I think it’s fantastic and I would jump at that price. As soon as things in life currently are straightened out I’ll be on the hunt for waffle dials ::love::::love::

5. omegaswisst May 8, 2018

Hi @dxholdren

The more I looked at it the closer I was to buying, but it was sold the following day at asking price.

The search continues.

dxholdren likes this.
  6. dxholdren May 8, 2018

I know that feeling all too well! I suppose the hunt is what it’s all about though :D