Advice on potential geneve purchase

I am considering buying this vintage piece. The info I have is: 1969g.cal.613,ref.136070,serviced. As much as I (a noobie) could check, everything looks as it should be. The only thing I am confused about is the crown and the Omega logo on it whick looks weird. I would also appreciate an adivce about restoring it and if it is even worth to buy it. Asking price is 250€(~290$) and could possibly go a bit lower. Thank you for any advices provided.omega-1rucni-sat-slika-138442359.jpg omega-rucni-sat-slika-138442357.jpg omega-rucni-sat-slika-138442361.jpg omega-rucni-sat-slika-138442364.jpg omega-rucni-sat-slika-138442368.jpg omega-rucni-sat-slika-138442358.jpg omega-rucni-sat-slika-138442360.jpg omega-rucni-sat-slika-138442362.jpg omega-rucni-sat-slika-138442363.jpg omega-rucni-sat-slika-138442367.jpg

Hey, for that price it definetely looks ok to me. The buckle is not period correct maybe, but apart from that, the watch looks good and authentic
IMO.

No idea what’s going on with the Omega logo on the crown, but tbh - if the watch actually was serviced and runs fine, then 250€ is a good price even if the crown is fake. Which I’m not sure about by the way, might just look off due to reflections or a dent?

The end of the lugs might be slightly round / polished, hard to see in the pictures. The dial has spots and especially the minute hand and the indices do show their age. If you don’t mind that and you don’t want to spend any more, you could probably do worse for 250€. That being said, I don’t think it’ll make sense to invest money on a restoration. You can’t really restore the dial. New hands would theoretically be an option, but then you’d have a contrast to the indices and again, the investment isn’t worth it. If you can be patient and safe up to increase your budget to about 350€ you could pick one of those up in very, very good condition. Personally, that’s the way I’d go.

Other than that, 613 is the correct movement for the ref (even though it’s rather from 1970, I think - not that that’s very relevant) and the style of the leather strap would be my biggest worry here. ;)

It's a cool watch and a good movement for sure! The price seems fair to me.

@Spruce has seen quite a few of these later Genèves and may be able to help. As others have said, a serviced piece for that money is very fair and these are gaining appreciation. Like similar period Seamasters, which tend to get more glory, a smart, elegant dial that can be dressed up or down is a very versatile piece to have in your collection.

EDIT: One further thought - there is “serviced” and serviced. Only your due diligence will tell you if claims made are true, but if you have doubts, it might be worth getting a watchmaker you trust to give it the once over.

Yes, that Genève is very reminiscent of a Seamaster DeVille, even the movement is pretty similar (mine has the cal. 610 hand-wound).

A simple and elegant watch like that can be worn in any situation.

I would like to add that the crystal is the incorrect size in my opinion as it seems to be covering the swiss made logo. Buckle seems fake to me. For 250 it is a steal though!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I appreciate your help a lot!
I will certainly get it checked beforehand.
Other than that, 613 is the correct movement for the ref (even though it’s rather from 1970, I think - not that that’s very relevant) and the style of the leather strap would be my biggest worry here. ;)

And yes, new strap is going on it for sure. :D

And again thank you all for the usefull information!