Forums Latest Members
  1. Echo May 7, 2014

Hi there,
    I'm new in this forum, so please don't be angry on me if I chose wrong theme to ask my question, and sorry for my bad english, I'm not native english speaker :unsure:

I have an old Omega automatic watch. I know a few numbers. Code 366.0832, 1012 model, and as I understood 38175159 is exact watch's number. As I found in web it's 1973's made.
    It's not in great condition as it has some scratches on glass and "gold" on watch face is scuffed.
    The questions I wanted to ask:
    -does someone know the possible price of this watch?
    -does it has any value as vintage watch? maybe there is a point to renew glass, paint (gold?) and keep it for a few decades?
    -about renewing the watch: in official omega repair shop they offered me to pay for watch's insurance and send it to switzerland. Only in original factory they can renew my the glass. And it'll cost quite a lot. So is there a point to "invest" into watch? Or better to keep it like that or sell it in this condition?
    -maybe someone know e-shops where i can find strap which fits this watch? I prefer leather (originaly it should be metal strap, so if leather is not available it will be ok with metal). I can't found one who fits in my hometown. we have official omega shop and repair shop, but they don't have anything what fits, they can order, but the strap would cost about 200 pounds/350 USD.

Thanks for answers!!!

2014-05-07 21.29.46.jpg 2014-05-07 21.28.55.jpg 2014-05-07 21.27.55.jpg
  2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur May 7, 2014

Hello there.

I don't know how much sentimental value it has with you but to vintage Omega collectors like us here, we don't often collect those, even it's in top condition.
    The movement is "new" and nothing very special about it, the case is 20 mic gold plated which has worn out at some spots. The market value I think is about $350 to $400 max.

Don't invest to much into it and sending it to Switzerland is a big No No.

If I were you, I would buy a normal 22mm leather strap, cut it to fit then enjoy the watch.

3. Mothra May 7, 2014

Polywatch can improve that crystal a lot, but id be amazed if any decent watchmaker couldn't order a new one for around £20. Do not send this to omega....