Advice on Omega De Ville Prestige

Good morning all,

this is my first thread, I seek your advise with regards to an Omega I have. It is an old family watch I received.

It is a De Ville Prestige, I believe it should be a 4620 from 1994, gold case, silver dial and manual winding movement, caliber 651.

From the watch it is missing the bottom part of the case (the closure), apart from this it is in very good condition and working very well.

I seek advise as I am unsure what to do with this watch. I understand that looking for the missing piece would be very difficult and expensive, probably more than a 1000 usd. At the same time, I am not sure of what it’s value would be if I would find the piece.

What is your advise? I am usure if to keep it or to sell it, and if the latter to sell it as it is? Sell the pieces(case, movement, dial, etc) individually? Or look for the missing piece (would anyone have an idea how much it would cost and what the value of the watch would be afterwards?)

thank you in advance for any input you might have

best regards

Looks like stamps behind the lugs

without the back. Scrap gold value. Can’t wear it without a back, so not of much use to anyone

even if you have a back made. Still won’t get your money back as it’s still not all original.

if 18kt gold. Sell the case for scrap and keep the movement dial and see if you can sell that for added cash

Have you asked an authorized dealer (or a swatchgroup service center) if the caseback is still available? For a fairly modern watch like this, Omega might be able to provide it.

It is a De Ville Prestige, I believe it should be a 4620 from 1994, gold case, silver dial and manual winding movement, caliber 651.

From the watch it is missing the bottom part of the case (the closure), apart from this it is in very good condition and working very well.

I seek advise as I am unsure what to do with this watch. I understand that looking for the missing piece would be very difficult and expensive, probably more than a 1000 usd. At the same time, I am not sure of what it’s value would be if I would find the piece.

Appears to be a 46202101. Case back part number is 112BA1110 - still available from Omega. You are correct that it would cost in excess of $1,000...around $1,600 US.

EBay has 15 listings all from Japan. There are no completed auction listings, so no actual sold value

prices range from $2700 to a little over $4000

Omega will not sell you the back, so it’s either shipped to Omega or you send to a watch maker with an Omega parts account to purchase it. How much will Omega charge for the work vs. what the watchmaker will charge as he’s not going to pay $1600 (does he get a discount?) without any added profit.

what will be the overall cost vs. What can you sell it for?

watch the lowest priced one on EBay and see if it even sells

As opposed to buying a solid gold caseback perhaps an alternative would be to try and source a stainless steel option. Not sure of the case reference but presumably a stainless steel caseback would fit this case and be far less expensive with preowned ones more readily available?