Advice on Omega Constellation Pie Pan on Ebay

Hi all,

I have been thinki
ng to acquire a Constellation Pie Pan for quite some time now and been waiting for the right offer to show up. I prefer a steel case.
I found this offer and wanted to know if you see any red flags, or give me advice I can ask from the seller.
https://www.ebay.de/itm/133462174114?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true

My concern is a bit, that the dial is very white and could have been changed, but maybe that is due to reflection only. Also the hue and colors of the clockwork look a bit odd.
Apart from that I am quite a novice, but I really like the Constellation and want to acquire one sooner than later.

Any help is appriciated!

s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (8).jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg
Edited:

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Fake dial and case unfortunately. The dial is all wrong and consistent with many other 14900 fakes. The case is also a fake, most obvious from the star positioning in the caseback.

Oh wow thanks!
I need to dig deeper into figuring out fakes.

Looked too good to be true.

I think the movement has fake parts too. Non adjusted, etc? Fake bridges I'd suggest?

Reported to eBay, for what that's worth.
gatorcpa

http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/

Briefly (incl but not limited to):

1) 1st peak of M of "automatic" should be in line with midline of 2nd O of "chronometer" and the right most edge of the Y in "Officially".
2) The upstroke of the S, T, E of "Constellation" should be parallel. The T is crossed only on the rigth side of the vertical stroke of the T (in most pie pans, but some older ones may not have this font).
3) Onyx inlaid dials should have onyx inlaid hands and SWISS MADE at the bottom. Lume pip dials should have lumed hands and SWISS MADE T on the dial.

This blog has all that you could possibly want to know about the pie pan connie. best resource ive found in any case. Gave me confidence enough buy not 1 but 2 pie pans.

Good luck and happy hunting. Be vigilent. Tons of frankens out there. But can be had for 1300-3500 (later price I saw on Hodinkee. big surprise).

so looked at this watch. Case is a dog leg case and seems appropriate for the movement/dial. The dial is an obvious redial. The sector lines should line up with the MOY I described above. The hour markers that are printed dont line up with the applied markers. The star is crooked. Dial print says T which would make it a lumed dial but clearly the markers have onyx inlays. hope that helps.

so looked at this watch. Case is a dog leg case and seems appropriate for the movement/dial. The dial is an obvious redial. The sector lines should line up with the MOY I described above. The hour markers that are printed dont line up with the applied markers. The star is crooked. Dial print says T which would make it a lumed dial but clearly the markers have onyx inlays. hope that helps.

sorry for the post bloat. Also the crown is correct. should be 10 sided. Check out the blog. You'll learn a ton. FYI I love my SS pie pan and it's beating out my other watches as daily wear.

It is a total fake. Dial and probably the case, too. The movement is Omega made, but incorrect for this reference (which is a correct Constellation reference, even though the case is likely fake).

Please read this essay from Desmond's website:

http://users.tpg.com.au/mondodec//Counterfeit_Omega_Constellation_Cases.pdf

Capture.JPG

There is a well known vintage watch seller who used to run watch shows, who was selling these dials and counterfeit cases on their website. This went on for years, until I think they sold out.

gatorcpa