Forums Latest Members
  1. JackCaz Mar 16, 2017

I am new to this forum. I have been looking for a 50s or 60s sub second omega, I found this one and I rather like the way the dial aged, I am just unsure wether the rest of the watch is in order. Any help would be much appreciated.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/292052873272Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 16, 2017

What do your eyes tell you?

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 16, 2017

They can't tell me much; they're bleeding.

4. JackCaz Mar 16, 2017

I find a there's a certain redeeming quality in the ugly old aged dials, it's clear that they were used (possibly abused), the visable age gives a watch a look that doesn't transport you to when it was minted, but shows you what has happened since. The obvious wear and tear makes me think of the watch in the 50s 60s 70s etc. not just it's delivery date. Now in this situation the case has been altered which is kind of a juxtaposition of the two (not really a fan of that). What I am uncertain about is wether the hands appear to match or if the movement looks alright.

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 16, 2017

That's why we have eBay, beautiful to you and ugly as shit to me.

The movement has moisture damage and the case is trashed, with major wear to the lugs from an old stretchy band as well as significant corrosion.

Its your money.

6. JackCaz Mar 16, 2017

Thanks for the help, I'll pass on it.