Forums Latest Members
  1. buddman Mar 23, 2015

Considering to purchase this but need the help of you knowledgable forumites is it is correct or not. Thanks in advance for your help. If it's ok I would also appreciate info on who could restore the bezel paint. . David
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. ChrisN Mar 23, 2015

Looks like a 601 calibre manual wind. To me, it appears to have an original dial and hands but, the hour markers lume looks dirty and stained. Here's a picture of my auto version dial.
    bezel_added_small.jpg

It needs a new crystal and it's a real pity that the bezel is so damaged but it's almost impossible to get a perfect one (cue pictures from the real collectors:whistling:)
    I would be a bit nervous about the movement as that lume staining may be due to moisture ingress and some of the screws in the movement seem to be stained or corroded so it might need some work. On the other hand a good clean with some new screws might bring it up well.
    All depends on price and whether you really want one of these. I like mine as it's smaller than a full dive watch and a lot slimmer.

Regards, Chris

3. ulackfocus Mar 23, 2015

My immediate thought is that it's a refinished dial because the fonts look off.

4. ChrisN Mar 24, 2015

Hmmm, I don't see that but to the OP, Dennis has far more experience than me.

Still learning:thumbsup:, Chris

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 24, 2015

6. ChrisN Mar 24, 2015

Thanks Ash. This one I am finding difficult. To be fair, I usually base a first impression on how thick the fonts are but, without a decent hi res photo, it's easy for me to be fooled. Putting the two together, I still can't tell for sure because the OP photo is too small.

OP
    op font.jpg
    Christia
    watchguy.jpg
    Thanks, Chris

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 24, 2015

You've got a point it might just be that the blurring when you blow it up that high is making it look abnormally thick

8. omegastar Mar 24, 2015

If you look at the 3 O'clock marker there is a problem with the position of the minute marker, it is clearly refinished. Well done Ulackfocus !

9. buddman Mar 24, 2015

Well spotted

10. stdenev Mar 24, 2015

Hi guys,

As this is my watch I would like to participate the discussion... :)
    I am in this hobby as long as I remember myself (almost ;) ) and as per my opinion the dial is the original one without and intervention (I have the privilege to see it in front of me). The glass is the genuine one as well and as it is plastic as you know is very easy to be polished. I like it more in this shape, because it give the watch more vintage look.
    If the watch stays with me till the end of the listing i am planing to refurbish it - I mean polishing the case and the glass, clean and oil the movement and to try to paint the bezel on the part where it's problematic. In this case it will stay with me longer.

Wish you all the best :)

Stoyan

11. Hijak Mar 25, 2015

You could put all the discussion to rest with a high resolution dial shot, with hand out of the way of printing.:whistling:
    That is if you really want to sell it...

ChrisN likes this.
  12. stdenev Mar 29, 2015

13. omegastar Mar 29, 2015

I have compared stdenev's picture with dsio's picture and both dials are the same, especially if you study the T SWISS MADE T.
    All my apologies to stdenev, for I beleive I was wrong and your dial is the same as the one displayed by dsio.