Forums Latest Members
  1. oriundo Jan 16, 2023

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the forum and looking for a kind advice on a Constellation Pie Pan reference 14381 4 SC, cal. 551, that I found for sale.
    The watch looks the same as the one posted here a few years ago:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-constellation-14381-railtrack-dial.99148/

Unfortunately, the pictures provided by the selling platform are not hi-res, so some details are missing.
    My take, as a beginner, is that the watch has not been re-dialed and the case has never been polished.
    But I can easily be wrong :)
    The first "n" in the word Constellation looks discolored.
    The Pie Pan dial is round and not polygonal, which was new to me, but again, I'm a beginner.
    I'm not sure about the strap being original.
    The watch is provided with the original box, but no paper, for 1'590.00 USD
    Could you please share your opinions on that?
    Thank you very much!
    img.ricardostatic.jpg img.ricardostatic1.jpg img.ricardostatic2.jpg img.ricardostatic3.jpg img.ricardostatic5.jpg img.ricardostatic6.jpg img.ricardostatic7.jpg

img.ricardostatic4.jpg
  2. Engee Jan 16, 2023

The medallion on the back has been polished to near oblivion. I would not touch it for that reason alone.

wagudc and oriundo like this.
  3. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jan 16, 2023

welcome @oriundo

as you correctly recognise, this is not a pie-pan but a rail-track dial.

Hi res pics of this type of dial are essential as a lot of them have been redialled as the rail-track often deteriorated.

The case is slightly soft and as @Engee says, the medallion is pretty much destroyed.

This might be one if you really really wanted a rail-track but not if you are just looking for a nice lyre-lug connie.

edit:
    BTW that is not the correct original box and the case gasket is missing

wagudc, oriundo and MtV like this.
  4. la_lusigne Jan 16, 2023

Hello :)

I would agree with everything posted above.
    From the picture you posted of the dial, my first impression would tend to believe the dial is original. There isn't an alarming clue in the font.
    The "discolouration" you mentioned on the text could be a scratch on the glass.

oriundo likes this.
  5. oriundo Jan 16, 2023

Great answers!
    Thank you very much!