Forums Latest Members
  1. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Mar 31, 2018

I saw this steel cased Constellation with "golden" dial. Crown is wrong, I am sure, but the dial looks original to me. Movement looks fine (again to me). Buckle looks like a sanded gold-plated model - that one was new to me!
    No direct link, but second-bottom in http://www.arrowsmithwatches.com/collectors-sale.html

The only thing that bothers me is the rusty ring between crystal and dial. Could it indicate moist exposure?

champ1.png champ3.jpg champ4.jpg

2. Noddyman Mar 31, 2018

It looks like an all original 14381, even the crown. The case is good, nice and sharp still showing its original edges. Overall it looks neglected and in need of a good clean and service. Personally I don’t like patina so I am struggling to get past the dial. It should clean up nicely and price is fair for a dealer.
    Edit: the crystal could be aftermarket as I dont see a logo.

Edited Mar 31, 2018
  3. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Mar 31, 2018

Thanks a lot, @Noddyman ! Yes, I am sure a service is mandatory. To me, the dial looks acceptable, although in need of cleaning.
    I was so naïve to think all Constellations had decagonal crowns. Got a lot to learn.

4. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Apr 1, 2018

Watch was sold. It turned out that it is available from another UK dealer, this time for a larger sum. Given the need of service, I will pass.