Forums Latest Members
  1. Aalex1988 Mar 22, 2015

Hi,

I was wondering to make a deal on eBay on this watch.
    But I really don't know anything about Vintage Omega Watches so I would be glad if somebody could give me some tips or things to look out for.
    The watch is listed at 799euros but I`v manage to get it for 400euros. Thought that was a bit strange that i could get it that cheap but as I said I don't know anything about the Vintage Omega watches.

Thanks

-
    Alex

$_57-6.JPG $_57-5.JPG $_57-4.JPG $_57-3.JPG $_57-2.JPG
  2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Mar 22, 2015

The movement looks quite good but the dial has been repainted, so no serious collector would buy this watch.

Aalex1988 likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2015

@shaun hk posted on the other thread before I moved this out:

Its a gold plated (not solid gold) non-swiss made (domestic production in the USA) watch with a redone dial, 400 euros is too much, its just a very low desirability watch.

Aalex1988 likes this.
  4. Aalex1988 Mar 22, 2015

So do you have some models that are really worth buying? Without bankrupting myself...
    From 2000 euros and down.
    Is there some watches that are increasing year by year or is it just for watches that are at a higher price?

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2015

Plenty of options in that price range mate, have a look at the WRUW thread and tumblr blog and find out exactly what you really like, the best advice I can give you is to be patient and keep your money in your pocket until you've nailed down exactly what you want and then work out the best example in your price range. You can get a superb steel Constellation Piepan for that, or any model of Seamaster dress watch, from the 50s/60s.

Have a look here: http://blog.omegaforums.net/

and scroll through the watches, click on the ones you like and they should take you to the thread containing them and make a short list of your favourites.

Aalex1988 likes this.
  6. Impondering Doesn't actually ponder all that much. Mar 22, 2015

But enjoy your new watch as you look for another!

7. Aalex1988 Mar 22, 2015

luckily I didn't go through with it! :D

Thanks for everything guys! :thumbsup:

8. Impondering Doesn't actually ponder all that much. Mar 22, 2015

I thought you had already bought it. Glad to hear you passed on it!