Forums Latest Members
  1. turnleftgofast May 28, 2018

First time poster - was recommended to post here for your expert knowledge!

I'm trying to find out more about this vintage Constellation, potential value, and generally get your thoughts. All I know is it's probably 50's, gold plated, to my knowledge hasn't been redialed (but please do let me know your thoughts), and otherwise is in pretty good condition. Crown is signed, but I've never seen one with this type of crown - they're normally smooth, rounded and polygonal - so I'm not sure whether it's original.

Have attached a few photos - hopefully they're clear enough.

Much appreciated!

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 28, 2018

How much Tritium lume can you see on the hands and marker plots?

Davidt, Noddyman and ConElPueblo like this.
  3. Anj May 28, 2018

It has dog-leg lugs, which resembles dog legs which is quite loved by collectors here. It has a domed dial. The markers are onyx inserted - which is designed by Gerald Genta... the person who designed watches like AP Royal Oak. From what I know it has a solid gold bezel and is gold capped. The bottom usually connotes tritium lumes which is luminous materials on the hands/edge of dial usually.

I'm not too certain but it may have been redialed(you'll find out in a bit when more people post here), as in they fixed some text on it or painted over stuff like bad patina. From the pictures it looks like there's inconsistencies like different text thickness for the constellation, maybe not.

Edited May 28, 2018
  4. ConElPueblo May 28, 2018

It's probably from 1963 or later and the dial has been restored/repainted and has either been installed improperly (or a wrong tension ring put on?) or is from another Constellation reference.

The value in these lie mostly in the condition o the 1) dial and 2) case, neither of which looks too good. The case has received a fair bit of polishing, which really shows on these more angular Constellation references.

Peemacgee likes this.
  5. ConElPueblo Jun 14, 2018

Please don't erase the original post. These threads act like a knowledge bank and your post might help others in the future.

kkt and vinylcall like this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 14, 2018

Undeleted the post but can't get the images sadly, don't ever do that again OP.

felsby likes this.