Forums Latest Members
  1. Alau94 May 9, 2018

hi all,

I've recently been handed down a seamaster Calypso 120m which I'm trying to get working but not having much luck.

Unfortunately don't have access to any original papers so unsure of the specific model or which movement it houses.

According to the local Omega guy, the circuit in the movement is conplete dead so unfortunately won't be a simple battery swap.

Does anyone know of anywhere in Melbourne, Aus, or even other countries which may have the capacity to repair this? Willing to spend a bit if it is possible as this watch has great sentimental value.

Pic for reference: IMG_20180509_230443.jpg

Thanks for your help!

2. SuperHero May 9, 2018

It sounds like you need a whole movement.

Try and get the model number (caliber?) and see if ones available.

Alau94 likes this.
  3. Alau94 May 9, 2018

I think it's a cal. 196.0230 with an 1137 movement. Will take a look for one,

Cheers

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 9, 2018

That case does take a 1337, and many of the critical parts are discontinued. Omega does list a recycled electronic module (circuit) but they have this notation for it:

"Information: Return watch for servicing at OMEGA"

Not something I usually recommend doing, so although it may take some time, keeping looking for a circuit on the open market. Part number of it is 721133269600 - might help you find one.

Cheers, Al

Alau94 likes this.