Forums Latest Members
  1. Hotwheelbill Mar 26, 2014

OK, I need a new crystal for my new purchase
    1950 omega gold dial.jpg

Where should I send it? I ask because I still have no recommended watchmaker in Jacksonville FL. And what type of Crystal? And how much should I expect?
    This watch will be worn regularly and may see some wet weather from time to time.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 26, 2014

Well someone who has an Omega account preferably. The difficulty is your expectations with regards to water resistance. Sometimes due to pitting on the surfaces where the gasket sits, these won't seal even with a new crown, case back gasket, and crystal. Hard to tell until someone has a look at the condition of the case.

If you know the case reference I can give you part number for these things...

Cheers, Al

3. Hotwheelbill Mar 26, 2014

I don't know the case reference. The listing did say that it is a 354 movement. I looked back in my messages and I do have an email for someone in NJ, provided by a trusted Member here. Yeah, I was afraid someone was going to point out something like that. I was not looking at Quartz watches, but I have seen some 1970's black dial Seamaster that I would wear every day. Hummmm......