Forums Latest Members
  1. jacktarnold Mar 10, 2016

Hi guys,

So here is the story of this watch that I know of. My friend from work found this watch in a pile of stuff that she wanted to get rid of because it was collecting dust. She knew that I liked watches so she brought it to me to see what I could find out. Please forgive me as I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to watches. I bought a Submariner 10 years ago and wear it daily and that is my extent of anything watch related.

It seems to be complete with outer box, clamshell box and paperwork. The paperwork shows that it was purchased Oct 8th, 1970 and it looks to be serial number 28302057, 14K yellow gold and what looks like model 6160.

Condition looks to be what l would expect wear on a 40 year old watch to be other than the crack in the crystal. The watch will function but only for a few seconds. Unknown when it was last serviced.

The biggest questions that come to mind are: What's it worth? Is it worth getting serviced or would you spend way more than it's worth? If not worth having it work as a watch again I would assume sell it for it's weight in gold. But is it really 14k or is it 14k plated?

Any and all information is welcomed. You won't hurt my feelings or my friend's. If there is any other information that I can get or different photos to help with this quest please let me know and I will see what I can do.

Thanks!
    Jack

IMG_4506.jpg

IMG_4505.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4503.jpg

IMG_4507.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

ConElPueblo likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 10, 2016

Its a Calibre 752 Seamaster Day-Date in Gold-Cap, not solid 14K gold, which is why the back is silver. Looks rough and a bit dirty but after a full service it could be a nice daily wear piece, the movement is one of Omega's best after its been maintained properly.

Expect to spend a few hundred servicing it but its worth it, don't get it polished but do get the crystal replaced in the service.

3. jacktarnold Mar 10, 2016

Thank you for the info. Any ballpark on value once it would be serviced? What about prior to service? Don't know if my friend would want to pay to have it serviced.

4. jacktarnold Mar 18, 2016

Thank you everyone for the information. You all have provided. This is truly a great group of people and wonderful resource.

I've decided to have it serviced and enjoy it for now.