Forums Latest Members
  1. aznsupra May 28, 2016

Hello Guys My name is Steve and i recently won an auction. Its my first Omega watch so i want to see if its legit and worth 800 dollars. Thanks

$_57 (1).JPG $_57 (2).JPG $_57 (3).JPG $_57 (4).JPG $_57.JPG $_57 (5).JPG $_57 (6).JPG
    Fritz likes this.
  2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 29, 2016

Definitely not worth $800. Dial has been repainted and medallion severely worn down.

If you've already won the auction, honour your contractual commitment, pay for it, and rack it up as"newbie tax"

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 29, 2016

If you're a serious collector building a focussed group of Constellations then you have made a mistake.

If you bought it because you like the look of the dial (and you won't spend much time looking at the back), and if wearing it makes you happy then just enjoy it.

You may have overpaid a bit, but who here hasn't at one time or another. :whistling:

Wear it and enjoy it.

Cheers

Jim

4. aznsupra May 29, 2016

Thank you guys for the advice.

5. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe May 29, 2016

Yup, redial. With a well worn case, nice bracelet, box and papers, $800 is top dollar for the watch. But if you like the watch, wear it and enjoy it, the movement looks decent and you are wearing a high grade watch from one of the best makers in the world. With a little care it'll likely keep excellent time for a lot of years yet.

Some guys won't touch a redial because it cuts the value of a watch right down. forget it, won't go near it. Bad "investment".

Others regard them as an acceptable piece of a watch's life, yes its nice to have the mint piece, but this one has been redialed in the past and if you're okay with that, what the hell, enjoy it.

I have a couple of redialed watches I love, one is actually quite bad, but the price was right and the watch is one of my favorites.

Your's is a nice piece with some flaws. If I were to be offered that watch, with its box and papers at that price, I'd likely have bought it too. In spite of the redial.

Once the addiction bites deep you'll likely go finding that perfect piece, but you'll likely still enjoy this one as well.

Now.... having stood on my soapbox and spoke my piece..... I think I'll go upstairs and get that Longines 12.68z out..... the ugly redial I love so much!

enjoy the watch.

ahartfie and ConElPueblo like this.
  6. Ravineman May 29, 2016

beautiful watch and nice band too. Yes, it's been polished and the dial freshened up, but that's part of the fate of many old watches.
    It should not prevent you from enjoying the watch. You could not sell it to a serious well informed watch collector, but wear it with pride.

Fritz likes this.
  7. Geordie May 29, 2016

It will turn a few heads and i would pay $800

Fritz likes this.
  8. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe May 29, 2016

Steve

Are you getting the idea that the watch may have been a good idea?

Fritzle