Forums Latest Members

[Advice Needed] Strap + Deploment Clasp is too tight or too loose

1. watchos Oct 3, 2017

I recently got the Snoppy strap + deployment clasp(came with my AT) for my Speedy Pro. I absolutely love the strap and the claps. It’s the first time I’ve used a clasp like this. I am having a small issue that the current hole it’s in, makes the watch feel a bit too loose, while the next hole in the strap is a bit too tight. This happens both on the Snoppy and leather strap that came with the Aqua Terra.

Here’s are some options I’ve thought about :

1. Stretch the straps by wrapping the watch around a small cushion or tennis ball at the tighter position. A tennis ball is about 8.25 inches in circumference while my wrist is 7.08 inches(18 cm). I would have to sand down the ball to brining down about an inch. In theory, considering they are both made of nylon and leather, thus they should give in a bit. Just enough for them to stretch into a comfortable position. The downside is the effects the extra pressure could have on the spring bars, the holes in the case where the spring bars insert and the tube where the spring bars pass through the straps.

2. Drastic option: make a hole in between. Not a fan of this due to its destructive nature and the ill side effects it could have on the overall structure integrity of the area surrounding the holes.

Has anyone experienced something similar? What is the best way to deal with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

AE8F1C63-D589-462B-B8E9-80A7BD55EFEF.jpeg F8D17FED-8C8C-4029-879A-9D02685E234B.jpeg DCD4D29A-C32B-4C54-9BE6-3FAD353DE831.jpeg
    Edited Oct 3, 2017
  2. ac921ol Oct 3, 2017

I’m having this issue with leather and I’m stretching it on my wrist, but that leather and not rubber on the snoopy strap.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. yinzerniner Oct 3, 2017

These cordura straps don't really stretch out all too much. Best option would be to order springbars of varying styles / middle widths. This should take up the slack or add slack depending on which type you choose.
    Omegas come with 1.78mm width springbars, so you could either try 1.5mm to loosen or 2.0mm to tighten. Also, curved springbars will even further loosen the fit but will introduce a bit more of a gap between the case and the strap.

Although it's destructive drilling a small hole between the two works pretty well as the rubber insert is very tough, and once mounted in the clasp it won't really move around much. The leather also works, but not quite as well since the pin holes don't have the rubber surround.

4. watchos Oct 3, 2017

Thanks for the information. I didn’t know the spring bars came in different width. Will check to see if the ones I have here are different in size.

5. bovecHD Oct 3, 2017

that strap and watch combo looks great BTW. NICE pairing.

watchos likes this.
  6. watchos Oct 3, 2017

Thanks!