Forums Latest Members
  1. mark_glasgow Jun 2, 2016

Hi everyone. First time poster, so go easy on me.

I need some help and advice from the wise on whether a watch on eBay is authentic:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121991825827Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

It's for a loved one and I'm certain they'll love it, but I have my concerns. I've contacted the seller and there's no documentation, hence the 'lower price'. It was apparently bought from a watch shop in Poland. I also can't find a good reference guide to check the serial numbers.

My main concern is the lack of a sub seconds dial. All my searches on the Swedish Officer watches seem to have one, and the seller even refers to one in the blurb. But there isn't one on the watch.

The seller is also from Glasgow, so I could meet up and inspect the watch. But without the knowledge I don't know what I'd be looking for other than the smooth second hand movement.

Can anyone offer any advice on whether you think it's legitimate?!

Thanks!

$_57-1.JPG $_57-2.JPG $_57-3.JPG $_57.JPG
  2. tdn-dk Jun 2, 2016

Frankenwatch, redone dial, not subdial, wrong movement think it is a cal. 23,4 SC, but it should be a 26.5 t3 PC T1.

3. mark_glasgow Jun 2, 2016

Ok, brilliant thanks for you help!

Would you suggest though that it's over-priced, or accurately priced given its 'franken-nature'?

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 2, 2016

Considering it's not what it purports to be, I think "franken" is being kind.

5. nickw Jun 2, 2016

I'll be less delicate.

Garbage- the value to a collector is nil or parts only. If you think the person you want to give it to will love it, well you are he only one who can assign a value to that. I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone here who would buy or wear that watch.

efauser likes this.
  6. mark_glasgow Jun 2, 2016

Great, thanks everyone.

7. nickw Jun 2, 2016

It's a great general idea for a gift don't get discouraged you can find something legit in that price neighborhood.

8. Control187 Jun 2, 2016

Easily in that neighborhood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk