Forums Latest Members
  1. Chiphs Feb 11, 2017

Hey guys,

Appreciate the help in my former thread.
    I'm still looking to buy a watch (for my father as a gift to his upcoming birthday) and I've stumbled across the following 60's Constellation. The seller hasn't got serial numbers or pics of the mechanics, but he guarantees that it's 100 % original and not a frankenwatch. And he says that I can just have it confirmed at a watchmaker afterwards and he seems quite legit.

I'd love to hear you guys' opinion on.

a) Does it in fact seem original; crown, dial etc? And does it seem to be in good condition to your eyes? There seem to be some small dots on the dial, but I can't really tell what it might be.

b) If it is original, would $550 seem like a fair price in your opinion?

I'm sorry about the noob questions, but I'd really like to avoid getting burned - also, there's quite a distance to get to the seller. And sorry about the bad quality of the photos - they are the only ones he provided.

Thanks in advance!

Chiphs

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 11, 2017

It would be very helpful if you provided higher resolution photos. Especially of the dial.

3. Chiphs Feb 11, 2017

Yes, I know. But unfortunately these are the only photos the seller provided.

4. GuiltyBoomerang Feb 11, 2017

Dial and case looks simillar to mine (apart from crosshair and crown...)

20161121_121533.jpg

Medallion too:

Screenshot_20170212-124307.png

I think the seller should be happy enough to provide more photos if they know that you have interest.

efauser likes this.
  5. TNTwatch Feb 11, 2017

Similar but very different in every way. Nothing is interchangeable between yours and the OP's watch. Yours is ref. 14381, his has ref. 2852 case.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  6. TNTwatch Feb 11, 2017

The crown is too small for cal. 501/505, which should be the movement for this 2852 (or 354 for 2782) case. If the seller is legit, he should be willing to provide internal pictures, including the movement and case back.

This dial is rarely found on that case style, but most of the time is on the 14381. These two issues give cause for a frankenwatch, so best to verify everything before buying (unless you just want a bunch of mismatched parts).

Peemacgee likes this.