Advice Needed - New Omega Speedmaster 3861 Bracelet

I’ve had my brand new Speedmaster for less than a week and yesterday evening I noticed that when I put the watch on it was loose on my wrist and now doesn’t fit properly (it just falls down past my wrist bone).

I’m hoping the reason for this is that my wrist is skinnier as I’ve been struck down with covid a few days ago which has affected my appetite a little.

I’m not sure if this is wishful thinking though so I’m looking for some advice to find out whether the bracelet has stretched and would this be expected in such a new watch?

Could any show me what I need to look for on the bracelet to work this out.

Cheers

Before anyone says just remeasure my wrist I can’t remember what my wrist circumference was for certain. I know, idiot 🤦

I think it was 17.5cm but now it’s just measuring about 16.75cm.

Most likely explanation is weight loss. IMHO, it takes years, if ever, for an Omega bracelet to stretch that much.

Then I guess it’s your wrist that's gotten thinner – probably due to weight loss.

I highly doubt a new Speedy bracelet has stretch, since this would need lots of dirt working its way through the material (would take even longer with the solid links). I don’t think it’s possible in this short amount of time.

My Speedy 3861 fits like on day one, but it also slides over my wrist since my ulna isn’t that prominent. Also taking out a link doesn’t work, as my fingers would start to hurt. 😉

Thank you for the replies, just to confirm I can’t actually remember the measurement for my wrist, it could have been 17.5cm or 16.5cm so I’m not saying my wrist has actually got smaller but I’m hoping it has as that would explain it.

I’m encouraged to hear it’s likely nothing to do with stretch on the bracelet though as I was getting concerned. Just sad I can’t wear it at the minute lol.

I don’t know if any more links could be removed on mine either as it’s already a struggle to get it over my hand, god damn tiny wrist! 😡

My wrists are also smallish compared to hands.

First, put the watch on with the buckle facing up instead of the watch head. Goes on easier.

Second, borrow some lotion from some female you know and slather it on your wrist. After it soaks in, try on your watch again. You may find it fits. If so, maybe you bought in the summer and now that it's winter in the north, you're drier and thefore smaller. Yes, that tiny bit can make a huge difference.

My wrists are also smallish compared to hands.

First, put the watch on with the buckle facing up instead of the watch head. Goes on easier.

Second, borrow some lotion from some female you know and slather it on your wrist. After it soaks in, try on your watch again. You may find it fits. If so, maybe you bought in the summer and now that it's winter in the north, you're drier and thefore smaller. Yes, that tiny bit can make a huge difference.
Thanks for the tips, that’s the easiest way I found to put the watch on too. I’ll give the lotion a try but as I only bought the watch six days ago it’s not going to have anything to do with the temperature unfortunately.

Thanks for the tips, that’s the easiest way I found to put the watch on too. I’ll give the lotion a try but as I only bought the watch six days ago it’s not going to have anything to do with the temperature unfortunately.
Could also be time of day, too. My wrist is much smaller in the morning because of dehydration.

I’ve had my brand new Speedmaster for less than a week and yesterday evening I noticed that when I put the watch on it was loose on my wrist and now doesn’t fit properly (it just falls down past my wrist bone).

I’m hoping the reason for this is that my wrist is skinnier as I’ve been struck down with covid a few days ago which has affected my appetite a little.

I’m not sure if this is wishful thinking though so I’m looking for some advice to find out whether the bracelet has stretched and would this be expected in such a new watch?

Could any show me what I need to look for on the bracelet to work this out.

Cheers

My wrist expands / contracts depending on the seasons (wrist is bigger in the summer) and also on what I eat. If I eat something extremely salty, mistakenly eat MSG (or other flavour enhancers) or preservatives in food I will be "bloated" the next day, including in my wrist. So the watch will be tight. My Speedy's bracelet is already at the max setting when I am "normal", gets hard to wear when it's 40°C outside...

Was likely quite warm in the store when they sized it, you're excited and making a big purchase, so would make sense you may be a bit hot and it wrists would be a little bigger. Might be a simple moving of the pin in the clasp for small adjustment without removing a link.