Forums Latest Members
  1. Steven9 Jul 9, 2014

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-O...es_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item43cba1a288Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

hey guys,

im im new to the whole watch business. I fancy buying a vintage watch. I'm into the whole 'story' behind things.
    i spotted a couple of these on ebay. is there any questions I should ask the seller to confirm whether the watch is real or not?
    also is this model a decent model or is it a bit of a dud. I want a nice watch to start my collection.

thanks for your help.

steven

2. larryganz The cable guy Jul 9, 2014

"Advice needed from beginner"? I think you should be asking for "advice needed from expert", not from a beginner.

3. agee Jul 9, 2014

Welcome Steven
    You have come to the right place for guidance in pursuing and collecting vintage watches
    There are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful watch experts on this site who will gladly offer their
    assistance. Always nice to see more new collectors of vintage watches, especially ones who are into the history of their watches
    Although I cannot help you with the Omega you mention above my advice would be to ask questions, read, look at watch pictures and descriptions, and heed the advice of those knowledgeable members of this forum.
    Good luck with your quest

4. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jul 9, 2014

this looks overpriced to me, it has been on sale for some time without any takers. Right now this model is not the most popular, you can run an ebay search for sold items to see what they have gone for in the past. It does look real but why is there no pic of the movement? Especially if it has just been fully serviced.....
    I suggest you read through old threads here, do your research and post listings of watches that catch your interest before you buy.There is also a for sale forum here, this is mostly used by collectors and enthusiasts so you are likely to get honest watches at honest prices.
    Good luck and enjoy the search

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 9, 2014

Thats a lot of dollars for a Cosmic 2000 diver, they're not that valuable at all.