Forums Latest Members

Advice needed for Carl F Bucherer purchase

1. William.H.Bonney Sep 1, 2015

Hi guys today i was going to buy an omega po chrono but while trying i laid my eyes on something else and decide to cancel the purchase and go for some other brand , below are the pics of one brand that i am interested at the moment and that is Carl f bucherer patravi chronodate model
    Now what i want to know is that how good is the carl f b brand , are the watches reliable
    Kindly advice guys should i buy this watch or look for something else

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Traveler Sep 1, 2015

How important is value retention to you in the equation ? - this will plummet as soon as you peel the stickers off.

3. watchcollect Sep 1, 2015

Sound advice from Traveler.
    Ultimately it's what draws you in the most. I would certainly look at the used market and see what current value is and then make a decision.

4. ulackfocus Sep 1, 2015

Butcherer makes a cool looking watch. They have a power reserve model that's killer too.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 1, 2015

Its a Dubois Depraz piggyback module on an ETA 2892 base movement similar to the Speedmaster reduced, which means when it comes time to service it you're looking at having to have them do it and doing a replacement of the chronograph module at great expense. Not a great movement servicing cost and maintenance wise at all for that reason.

6. William.H.Bonney Sep 6, 2015

Will the movt last 4-5 years and what would be the service cost ,just a rough idea

7. William.H.Bonney Oct 12, 2015

8. happytapy Oct 12, 2015

My Bucherer 7000 is 7750 based, but I bought it for other reasons. A good pilot line case and a superb dial.

If this one speaks to you, then buy it. Servicing aside, it looks the business.