Forums Latest Members
  1. zercado Jun 30, 2013

2. ulackfocus Jun 30, 2013

The lug edes look okay so I wouldn't call it overpolished. I like 2 register chronos too. The De Ville didn't become it's own separate name from the Seamaster line until late 1967 or early 1968, and that serial number is 1967 so it seems to check out, especially knowing that it could be up to 2 or 3 years before a movement got cased. After a quick scan of the pics and listing I say go for it but wait for more opinions. BTW, that's the seller who I bought my Centenary from. Gregg is a straight shooter to my experience. :thumbsup:

3. zercado Jun 30, 2013

Thanks for the help. I found this watch thru the reccomended sellers list on this forum. I really like the look of it and I think it will be a great companion to my 1992 Speedmaster.

4. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Jun 30, 2013

5. zercado Jul 1, 2013

Thanks for the link. Yesterday there was a make an offer option but I was told after making an offer and having it turned down that having the option was a mistake. He apologized and offered $100 off the buy it now price. Since it is a very nice original watch that has been for sale for such a long time the price must be perceived as being too high. I love the watch but I also want something that I could sell if I had to for a least close to what I paid and I think that this would be very difficult with this watch. I guess the search goes on.