Forums Latest Members

Advice needed about an Omega Seamaster Calendar

1. jean_boris_h Sep 30, 2016

Good evening to all of you.

I'm searching for an old omega seamaster calendar as a birthday present for my son's 18th birthday.
    I fall on this one at qualityvintagetimepieces.com

I've seen good thoughts about this seller on this forum. Even someone recommending his watchmaker Sao to repair an old seamaster.

Could you confirm watch is stated in the add :
    http://www.qualityvintagetimepieces.com/vintageomega1950sP2.html

Any thoughts about it will be welcomed...

Thanks in advance.

Jean Boris HAMON

[​IMG]

2. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 30, 2016

Looks just like the 2627 that I once owned. Dial looks OK too but someone will find fault with it. :)

Tom

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 30, 2016

Not me. :D

Looks OK, except for the price. It's about double what I think it's worth.
    gatorcpa

4. Canuck Oct 1, 2016

Terrible picture of the movement makes it difficult to comment on its condition.

5. jean_boris_h Oct 1, 2016

Thanks to all of you for the replies.
    About the price, from what I've seen on Internet, it's difficult to find a vintage Omega with a black original dial less than 1000 $. If I'm wrong, could anyone share the addresses ?
    About the picture, here are some better definition.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again for your time and thoughts.

Jean Boris HAMON

6. Canuck Oct 1, 2016

Black dials often show blemishes more easily than paler colours. Speaking personally, I would find that dial would bother me. Add to the purchase price a thorough service, and you might want to give this watch some serious thought. There is NO way I would have presented an antique or vintage watch to OUR son at age 18! He has had a history of destroying watches. But you know whether your son would treat a vintage watch with the care and respect it deserves, I guess!

Here is a picture of my Seamaster Calendar of the same vintage.

P8295826.JPG

Edward53 likes this.
  7. jean_boris_h Oct 1, 2016

Canuck,
    I know what you mean about kids destroying stuffs... Curiously enough, mine is more about destroying iphones and computers. He's rather a gentleman with watches.
    The seller, who has had some good press on this forum, told me that the dial looks nicer and blacker than on the pictures. About servicing the watch, it has just been serviced, so I shouldn't have to face extra costs for some times...
    Thanks anyway for the advice.