ADVICE for purchasing this 136.016 vintage omega watch

Hi all,

I am considering purchasing this vintage omega seamaster cosmic 136.016 (watch only with aftermarket strap) with a quickset that does not work. I am just wondering if the quickset not working is a indication of a broken movement? I was wondering if the dial was original also? Thank you for all your help!
2PUrpq8.jpeg
O4EY5EC.jpeg

Mfktt6m.jpeg
fewoYsr.jpeg DHeRcPI.jpeg
xqOss5j.jpeg
O7xEYxq.jpeg

I have the no-date version (reference 135.016), and I don't see any problem with the dial. As for the quick-set, are you sure that it is really broken? I think that reference has an unsual date advance mechanism: you pull the crown past the time setting position and then push it back in to advance by one day. But I could be mixing that up with a difference movement.

Be aware that this is a very small watch: 33mm diameter and 36mm lug-to-lug. I love the size, but it would be small-ish even for a ladies watch today.
Edited:

sounds good thanks for your opinoin
I have the no-date version (reference 135.016), and I don't see any problem with the dial. As for the quick-set, are you sure that it is really broken? I think that reference has an unsual date advance mechanism: you pull the crown past the time setting position and then push it back in to advance by one day. But I could be mixing that up with a difference movement.

Be aware that this is a very small watch: 33mm diameter and 36mm lug-to-lug. I love the size, but it would be small-ish even for a ladies watch today.
sounds good, thanks for your opinion. The seller did say the quick set was broken which i dont really mind unless it's indicative that the movement is damaged. Also I have a very small wrist so i think it would be a good fit for me. I would love to see your 135.016!

The seller did say the quick set was broken

Then that means the movement is damaged, pretty simple, if something isn't working as it should then something is wrong (broken).

Cal 613 is a push/pull quick-set (position three).

I would love to see your 135.016!

15cm wrist:

Omega COSMIC.jpeg

Lots more in this thread, though I think most (all?) there are pictures of the larger version, which is itself rather small by today's standards.

As to the original question, it the quick-set really is broken and it's not the case that the seller is simply ignorant of the unusual mechanism, then, yes, the movement is broken. That fault alone would not prevent the time-keeping function from working perfectly, but it could be a sign that the movement wasn't treated well. Unfortunately, as you've probably noticed, the watch has a monobloc case. The only way to access the movement is by removing the crystal, which sort of requires a special Omega tool. (It is possible to remove the crystal with a standard crystal lift.) So the seller may well be unable to provide any movement photographs to verify its condition.