Forums Latest Members

Advice for new buyer looking for a ladies Omega Dynamic

1. blackstripe77 Dec 25, 2016

Hi everyone, I've been on the hunt for a ladies sized Dynamic Auto with date on bracelet - and I've found one. I thought I'd run it by here. There are no photos of the movement, and the hands look suspect even to my untrained eye, plus there is a blemish on the dial. Is this legit? Can it still be serviced/made original by Omega?

[​IMG]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-O...sh=item25bef1961e:g:bv8AAOSwezVW0CM8#viTabs_0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Thanks and regards!

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 26, 2016

I think it could be a money pit. The rusted hands could be due to water ingress, so who knows what the movement is like.
    The blemish on the dial at 4:30 looks like a dial foot has broken off or been badly repaired.

I think the price is a bit steep for a ladies model.

These come up now and again and in better condition. Keep looking.

3. blackstripe77 Dec 27, 2016

Thanks for the reply, good point about the rust - I'll keep looking.

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 27, 2016

These dynamics are lovely.
    The ladies size is not desired much by collectors, so the prices tend to be less on open auction, but dealers do fly kites.
    The problem is that as no one wants them, they can be hard to find for sale.
    The can be serviced in the UK at STS. The problem with them, as with all dynamics, is the dial damage risk from the front loading case. You have to remove the hands, then dial to reach the movement. The dial often gets damaged by removal and in fact I understand Omega consider it normal to replace the dial and hands at service. you may be lucky and not damage it.
    Be patient. You ought to be able to find a lovely one.
    The op watch is outrageously priced, and has a damaged dial.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 27, 2016

Bit puzzled by this - I can't say that I've done a ladies model, but on men's models removing the movement is easy. You pop the split stem apart, remove the crystal, turn the movement in the case to release the clamps (align them with slots in the case), flip the watch over, and the whole thing drops out. You don't have to remove the hands and dial while it's in the case, if that's what you are implying.

So here the split stem and crystal are removed, but if you try to flip it over the movement is still being held by case clamps - note the alignment of the 3 o'clock marker with the case tube:

[​IMG]

Here the movement has been rotated a few degrees, and is ready to be dumped out of the case - note again the alignment of the 3 o'clock marker with the case tube:

[​IMG]

From here the movement just falls out...as you can see the dial on this example has no damage. I would not expect the ladies model to be designed any differently. If someone is removing hands and dial, well all they need to do is look at the case and clamps to figure this out...

Cheers, Al

JimInOz, blackstripe77 and ulackfocus like this.
  6. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 27, 2016

I've seen a number of ladies size on Ebay, there are several right now, I don't think a good one would be so hard to find if you give it a few weeks / months....

Here's one on open auction right now, actually --but could it be a redial?
    http://www.ebay.fr/itm/OMEGA-Geneve...639030?hash=item4896ae1f76:g:yDsAAOSwLF1YBOfFPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

(doesn't look so great though, I would try to find another)

Edited Dec 27, 2016
  7. Vitezi Dec 27, 2016

8. blackstripe77 Dec 29, 2016

Ooh, didn't realize these were front loading! They're not all that common/popular, especially as I'm looking specifically for a self-winding ladies watch with the blue bullseye dial and on a bracelet.

The one posted above looks like a redial. Doesn't even have the T Swiss Made T marking on the silver ring. Not in Greta condition either. I was hoping to find one as a gift, but I've got a couple months to go so I'll keep looking. Thanks!

9. Omega1 Dec 30, 2016

Don't up give on finding one I found this on eBay a nice tv shaped dynamic 1960's nos strap cost more than the watch but my wife loves it.... IMG_7842.JPG

Edited Dec 30, 2016
    ahartfie, blackstripe77 and Vitezi like this.
  10. Misterred Jan 2, 2017

There are better examples out there. I like the style of the Geneve Dynamic. Really 70's vibe. But watch out on eBay for the Racing dial Geneve Dynamics. A lot of them are fake.