Forums Latest Members

Advice: 1960's Omega Geneve 14724 1 SC - Cal. 610 1

1. TimelessQuality Dec 29, 2016

Hi all,

I am considering making an offer on this watch. Any advice or input on its condition and originality would be very much appreciated! It looks completely original to me, aside from the band of course.

Thanks for your time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291957292301Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. TimelessQuality Dec 29, 2016

I just got a message from the seller mentioning that it was running well (2min per day max) so it has not been serviced.

Any thoughts on that? Seems kind of high to me. Would I need to budget a service right away? Or can that be held off on for now?

Thanks

3. GuiltyBoomerang Dec 29, 2016

Watch looks original to me. Unsigned crystal, although these may not have been available on early Geneves such as this. Buckle for the band does not look genuine. Condition appears fine. Lug edges appear polished. Price wise, it is a tad on the expensive side.

2 min/day is not considered running well - I'd rather call that 'in running condition.' You will need to budget for a service, which can run anywhere between $150-$300 depending on who you go to. Afterwards the watch will be running much better, at least to +/- 0-15/s day. You also won't need to worry about the watch suddenly stopping in it's tracks and necessitating parts replacement (which is far more expensive.)

TimelessQuality and chronos like this.
  4. TimelessQuality Dec 29, 2016

Edited Dec 29, 2016