Forums Latest Members
  1. TrentOyer May 31, 2019

I am looking for advice on a watch I just bought off ebay and received today. I believe the watch is a ck 2609 with a cal 268 that was put in later. The crystal and crown are obviously a replacement as well. The crystal just spins around inside the case and feels like a very cheap replacement. The crown has a gap between it and the case. I would love to know more about the watch and movement. I would also like some advice on acquiring an omega crown and a nicer crystal and tension ring. If you think this watch is garbage and I should just return it for the $232 I paid feel free to say that as well.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-other-omega-ck-2609

Thanks for the help!

s-l500.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600.jpg
  2. Rochete May 31, 2019

But it'll need a service as well. Plus crown, crystal... and it'll remain a franken. Do the math.

TrentOyer likes this.
  3. TrentOyer May 31, 2019

My main concern was I wanted an original dial. It doesn't bother me they put in a slightly different omega movement but of course, I don't want to sink a bunch of money into a watch that isn't worth it either. From what I have seen a crown and acrylic crystal aren't that much but I'm not entirely sure of the crown size and tube that fit this model or the quality of the aftermarket crystal.

- Can anyone recommend a sizing or source for the crown and crystal?

- It's actually keeping great time so is it necessary to send it in for a service?

4. ConElPueblo May 31, 2019

...I am mystified as to why you believe it's a ref. 2609, could you explain? ::confused2::

The inner caseback says 2800-3 and googling "Omega ref 2800" drums up a number of very similar watches. The logo on the dial is a post 1953 one too, so an earlier year wouldn't make much sense.

It looks correct to me, bar the crown naturally. I hope the dial degradation to the perimeter isn't too severe as it is otherwise quite nice. And bought at a good price, IMO :)

chronoboy64, Dan S and TrentOyer like this.
  5. TrentOyer May 31, 2019

Well, this is my first Omega, so pardon my lack of knowledge. I was simply looking on their website to find a similar case, hands, and dial. I wasn't even smart enough to google the case back numbers ::facepalm2::.

So, maybe even the movement and the watch match up then?

The dial is in good condition and I really love the applied arabic numerals and indices not to mention my love for sub second hand.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  6. ConElPueblo May 31, 2019

I think everything is good :)

Please have a really good look at the movement and see if it doesn't say "266" - the sixes and eights are very similar on movement engravings.

jeppehh and TrentOyer like this.
  7. TrentOyer May 31, 2019

your right it is a cal 266!

8. Dan S May 31, 2019

All good, and a nice start to a collection. Well worth investing in a service. :thumbsup:

TrentOyer likes this.