Forums Latest Members
  1. Koen Jul 24, 2017

As I have mentioned in an earlier thread, I have acquired a Speedmaster Mark II. In the mean time I've also bought a sapphire replacement crystal sold by TM Watch Refinish( I think thats Tanner Morehouse) which I would like to have installed and while doing that a very very - did I mentioned very? - minimal case refinish and case and bracelet cleaning.

What would be the best modus operandi, regarding bringing in the watch for service. Should I bring it to the AD ( Ace & Dick ) which I prefer and let them send it to the service center (not Bienne, but a not known one to me) or bring it straight away to the authorized Omega service center (Wesselink & Vreeker). There is a big possibility that the AD sends it to the same service center.

What can I expect in terms of price and quality differences?

I hope to see some posts explaining experiences with both if there are any:)

2. Koen Jul 24, 2017

The AD already has promised me to take care of changing the crystal to the aftermarket sapphire one, I am not so sure the authorized service center will do that.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 24, 2017

A proper Omega service center won't use parts that you supply - in particular aftermarket parts...

Mark020 likes this.
  4. Koen Jul 24, 2017

that's what I was thinking and the reason why I asked for some experiences.

Thank you for clarifying, I would like your post but really don't like the answer:p

maybe there are some "kaaskoppen" who can chime in?