Forums Latest Members

Adjusting Bracelet on Seamaster 300M Professional

1. AQBill Jul 3, 2018

I just acquired a well-loved 1993 vintage Seamaster 300M Pro from another member of this forum and I'm enjoying the watch. The fit is just about right I believe a smidgen more length ( 1-2mm) would be spot on. I believe that I have the original Omega Jubilee bracelet and - although I have a spare link - I think that adding it would be too much.

Many of my other diving watches - Glycine, Seiko & Christopher Ward - have micro adjustment clasps that can be finely adjusted to fit but I can't figure out how to micro adjust this Omega bracelet.

I figure that there's got to be a trick to this somewhere...and that you folks would have the answer I seek. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

AQBill

2. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 3, 2018

The only micro adjustment is in the use of half links. Is it really a 1993? Quartz I presume. What are the first 3 serial digits if you don't mind sharing.

AQBill likes this.
  3. AQBill Jul 3, 2018

Thank you padders! 544 are first 3 digits of serial number and, I believe, it has a 1538 quartz movement. Where might I find some half links?

4. Donn Chambers Jul 3, 2018

You can post to see if anyone has one to spare in th sales forum. If that doesn’t work, ask an AD or boutique to order one. That will be cheaper than ebay. Omega parts you can still get from an AD sell for a ridiculous surcharge on eBay, even used ones. Guess buyers are in too much of a hurry to wait a few weeks for the normal supply chain.

AQBill and connieseamaster like this.