Added another WW1 US Navy Pilot House Clock

Well, the other day pulled the trigger on another US Navy Chelsea pilot house clock. Been going back and forth with the eBay seller for this clock for a few months now. The price went down it's the pilot house clock with the 6-inch dial and screw on bezel not the 8 1\2 inch dial with henge bezel that goes for more money size matters he finely figured that out. He had make offer I made one he did not go for the price. Then this week he sent me an offer about what the clock was worth and cheaper than the asking price he had it for I am getting a property tax rebate from the state that about the price he offered so like a free clock so pulled the trigger. What's interesting is the reverse second bit at the bottom of the dial it's larger than most so big no 6 on the dial. Has the F movement that's in the larger Pilot house clocks. And comes with the Chelsea certificate showing when the US Navy bought it a 50-buck value. The seller did not do great photos hope the dial is in better shape photos help when it comes to clocks and watches to get the best price. Sometimes it helps when bad photos getting a better price. Will post photos when I receive the clock. The clock was bought by the US Navy 3 months before WW1 ended. Same silver dial with US Navy on dial like my other larger US Navy WW1 pilot house clock. This will be the 5th clock that saw WW1 service and most likely WW2 service in my collection.

eBay photos are hard to put on imgur these days. Manage to get one photo. Had to rotate it because the seller took a photo of it upside down.
ZPphecU.jpg
One of his better photos hoping the dial looks better when I get it.

Received it today better photos have it on a wooden plaque to hang it on the wall. this sucker is very heavy for its size.
yfEvPdo.jpg
4LTQ6Zo.jpg
viiCahj.jpg

Very nice, I've always liked the moon hands.

I've not sought clocks but have bumped into 2-3 Ive bought and display.

Mine is about 6 1/4 or so across the dial from 1903-4 made for the Ashcroft Mfg Co.

Chelsea Clock circa 1903-4.JPG

Looks like it has the hinged case, and the numbers are different Ashcroft Mfg Co must have been a big company because you see a lot of custom-made clocks with their logo on them from Chelsea

Here is it on the wall with other WW1 veterans. The odd thing below in the bottom photo a ships clinometer that tells the degrees the ships rolls has early US Navy issue mark on back.
mzMxS1I.jpg
LzurNfz.jpg

The movement big compared the my US Navy deck clock No3 made a few years apart. Same diameter case.
ujZQOwI.jpg
P1MSFSI.jpg

Brass heavily enclosed by even more brass tends to survive unless heavily abused.

Congratulations on a great looking clock馃槂