Forums Latest Members
  1. KCScott Sep 27, 2013

Is there any advantage in buying from a boutique rather than an ad? I visited my local ad and they were not willing to negotiate on price. I thought that I might as well buy from a boutique if I'm going to pay full boat. I did get an email a week later and they were willing to come down a bit less than ten percent. I just wondered what the fuss was about the boutique. I live in Kansas City Missouri and there is a boutique in St. Louis. I visit there a bit and if there is some sort of religious experience in buying from one I'd hate to miss out!

I hope I'm not breaking some Omega code of ethics by speaking of my negotiations with an ad.

Buck2466 likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 27, 2013

Boutiques will not go lower on price for you, but they are often willing to add Omega merchandise / gifts, discount future servicing, and potentially some cool things, they also have first access to new watches and exclusive limited editions.

3. KCScott Sep 27, 2013

I know they won't negotiate off retail but if there is some cool swag it might make for a fun outing.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 27, 2013

They have Omega bracelets, loupes, cufflinks, wallets, keyrings, all sorts of things, they also give you Omega's magazine and a few other things. That's their main thing, value adding rather than discounting.

5. KCScott Sep 27, 2013

I'm sure it depends on the watch, but is there a general range in which ads are known to discount?

6. ulackfocus Sep 27, 2013

Check your messages. ;)