Forums Latest Members
  1. patmoon89 Mar 25, 2016

Out of curiosity and because I can't find any posts on this....

Do ADs or boutiques accept trades? As in will they appraise your watch towards another? Is this common?

2. leetse2 Mar 25, 2016

Most ADs will accept trade-ins, but brand boutiques are in the business of moving new product, so I don't the ink any of them take trade-ins.

3. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 25, 2016

Boutiques no, but some AD's will yes. But they will normally give you maybe 25-35% of its value so they can make a profit on their resale. That's why private sales and forums help much more in selling one, in order to help finance another. Or so I've been told ;)

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 25, 2016

What 'cha got

West Slope, arkstfan, SwissZ and 2 others like this.
  5. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 25, 2016

Lol, ^ the best response so far!

6. patmoon89 Mar 25, 2016

This is more of an obsession and totally unreasonable thought. But....

I was just thinking of trading in a speedmaster (new model) for another speedmaster (the same one) simply to change the date on my warranty card. Why? So that I could get the exact month and year right on the card for my future son's birth. Now....does that kind of thinking fall under WIS? Or am I just an idiot (JAI) ?

arkstfan, SwissZ and watchme like this.
  7. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 25, 2016

So correct me of I'm wrong. But you want to buy your son a birth watch on the day he's born? Is that right.
    I mean I don't know your finances, but can you afford to just buy it and store it for him as a gift whem he turns of certain age? Is a really cool idea

8. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 25, 2016

Get it assessed and see if the $$ works for you. If it does, why not?

9. patmoon89 Mar 25, 2016

What's reasonable? I have all the stuff and an unused bracelet. Probs looking at a 1000 difference at the most?

10. grizzlycanuck Mar 25, 2016

Along the same lines, I was looking at the Omega Boutique at a Tintin, and they said they have no ability to discount on Tintin's because they are LE's? Anyone heard of this or received discount at their AD?

11. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 25, 2016

If it means enough to you then go for it. Not sure when the babies due, but if you have enough time sell and call an AD. Then be sure to place an order with a deposit. Make sure they will have it ready to be dated on the day your son is born. After you hear the first cry, call the AD and give them your Credit card number.
    You will have a unforgettable watch at that point for you and your son to enjoy.
    As I mentioned before... If you can afford a second watch then do the same but keep and enjoy your current one as well. Good luck with everything, children are absolutely amazing (watches too, lol)

OMGRLX likes this.
  12. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 25, 2016

Yes...

13. grizzlycanuck Mar 25, 2016

Yes you got a discount on it or no they don't on Tintin's?

Sorry just lost you there

14. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 25, 2016

Think a much bigger loss than that. Of they trade it they can only sell yours at a 40 percent discount as used, they need to profit so.....

15. Aussie Jim Mar 25, 2016

[QUOTE="Good luck with everything, children are absolutely amazing (watches too, lol)[/QUOTE]

I would have to say that children are probably: a), much more expensive, and b) significantly more trouble than whatever you watch you can possibly consider.

I speak from the perspective of a sad and beaten-up father of two girls, now in their late teens and early adulthood. The light is starting to appear at the end of the tunnel (although that maybe the oncoming express train...)

Enjoy the small things, they are the pleasure

OMGRLX, Paedipod and Nobel Prize like this.
  16. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 25, 2016

Yes an AD will in fact discount even LE watches, but maybe not as much as a regular model...

17. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 25, 2016

It's all about forging a relationship. You can go in and ask and may get it, even on a LE if they're not selling it. But if you have a relationship with them then any discount is seen as am investment on loyalty.

Bring a friend that may buy something else...

18. grizzlycanuck Mar 25, 2016

I thought so, thanks guys. I usually buy vintage, it's just the Tintin......can't get it out of my mind

19. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 25, 2016

Then that means it's a must buy...

OMGRLX and oddboy like this.
  20. Andreas Mar 26, 2016

ADs work as every other business. If a watch is very desirable, L.E. etc. and they can get the full price they are asking they wont offer a big discount.
    But as others mention here that all depends on the relationship you have with the AD