Forums Latest Members
  1. ejsalvador Sep 4, 2016

Hello Everyone,

I think I posted in the wrong forum because my post is now deleted, I'll try this way instead.

Any advice on the two watches would be greatly appreciated. I am looking to buy an Omega watch for my partner as a wedding gift. He has mentioned an Omega Seamaster in the past and I would love to surprise him with one. I am waiting on a photo of the movement for the Seamaster attached. I know the other isn't a Seamaster but I love the face on the second one and I know he would too.

Can someone please let me know if they think these are real or fakes.

Thank you for any and all advice.

509488625.jpg 509488648.jpg 509488700.jpg 384897790.jpg 384897938.jpg 384898644.jpg 384898843.jpg 384899009.jpg
  2. DON Sep 4, 2016

No to both. Plain quartz model. Second poor case condition

Look for something better

DON

3. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Sep 4, 2016

Not an expert just my opinion:

I do like the dial of the second one much better. However as DON said the case is not in the best condition. You can definitely find better options. I would suggest finding out if your partner would want a Quartz or an automatic time piece and go from there. That will give you a much better feel for where to look and what you will be spending.

Best of luck,

Jake

4. redpcar Sep 4, 2016

It all depends on the price and what you are looking for in a watch. Both are real. Top is a relatively undesired quartz model (at least on this forum) and the bottom one is worn heavily on the bottom of the case. What price range are you looking at? Have you tried looking at the for sale section on this site? Much less risk. I might suggest a stainless case instead of the gold filled models. More robust.

5. ejsalvador Sep 4, 2016

ok thanks, I'll keep searching.

Thanks Jake! I'll have to think of a way to find out his preference. Shame about the second watch, I really like that face. He's wearing a linen suit for our wedding so would have looked great, I agree though about the worn case.

I haven't looked, but will right now. Thanks for the suggestion!

redpcar likes this.