Forums Latest Members
  1. OttawaMan Jul 18, 2013

Man oh Man...I'm getting SOOOOO tired of Ebay constantly asking me to verify who I am. I literally have 6 computers at home and 3 or 4 at work and at any given time I could log into ebay from any of those and this seems to piss ebay off. In June I attended Microsoft TechEd in New Orleans and OH MY GOD did ebay AND paypal go nuts that I dared log into my account from a different city. Both services locked my account until I could prove by sending them copies of my passport and answering a multitude of security questions, that I was who I was. THEN, I get back to Canada and log in again and voila! all the same security flags go up and my accounts are locked out again.

I get the whole security thing. I work for a federal government national security department. But seriously I find it's getting to the point where I don't want to use ebay much anymore. Anyone else experience this level of scrutiny? Maybe it's like Customs...once you raise a flag, you're flagged for life.

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jul 18, 2013

Usually eBay asked for password if I switch gadget and/or not logging more than 2 days. However I never encountered your experience of account getting locked. I accessed it from outside Indonesia few times lately (in Saudia & Europe) without problem.

3. ulackfocus Jul 18, 2013

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of eBay, but for different reasons. Sadly it's the largest market for vintage watches (and many items) so they have you over a barrel - and they know that and IMO exploit it.

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 18, 2013

hmmmm

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 18, 2013

I'm with Privateday on this one. I have two computers and an iPhone, and have never encountered that type of trouble logging in from anywhere in the USA.

Could it have something to do with the extra secure servers you're probably using from work? Maybe an eBay.ca thing?

Not sure what the problem is here,
    gatorcpa

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 18, 2013

Do you log in from work on your low/unclass side? do you use your work email? are you sure they are all legitimate, and not actually a phishing attach from [insert foreign state here]? perhaps it is worth reporting them to your IT Security Advisor?

7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 18, 2013

Me too. Log in from all over the USA of A, Austria, Schweiz, and even Oz last year, no problem.

8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 18, 2013

Ummm, calling Mr. Snowden...

9. kendrick Jul 18, 2013

I have a VPN connection and log into ebay from different countries daily. I have to re-enter my password, usually. Paypal and your bank should be a lot more finicky than Ebay, not the other way around.