Forums Latest Members

ABLOGTOWATCH.COM has readers or Omega haters?

1. rominvicta Mar 11, 2017

Since some time i did wander around those pages of ablogtowatch.com. I thought of sharing my opinion, but t‎hen I myself decided that i do not want to be as T H E M - the "fans" of OMEGA that constantly make their comments concerning any piece reviewed by Mr. Adams and Co. And start complaining of everything that i deem not up to my taste.
    I would understand if someone does not like general notion and appearance of a certain brand‎, but this does not allow him to spoil the day of those that behold aspects of aesthetics, beauty, charm and technology in it.
    Just awhile ago red the article by Mr. Matt Smith-Johnson published on December 18th, 2016 - Omega Globemaster Watchteam Review. IMHO quite an objective and balanced article.
    Then I add on reading the comments, which made me lose myself and here some excerpts are:
    ‎"Beefalope
    3 months ago
    Never in the history of horology has a fluted bezel looked good. It is an old, outdated, completely idiotic design element."

"‎Yanko

3 months ago
    I looked at the watch at the Omega boutique at Beverly Center in Los Angeles. Not impressed at all. METAS certification? Globemaster? Give me a break."

"‎Sevenmack

3 months ago
    The worst features of the Rolex Datejust without its one meager charm. The loveliness of the Constellation's pie-pan dial without the rest of its lovely features. In short, pure crap!"

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as one said.... Beauty i saw but eye of a beholder ... well it seams too few amongst the readers of ablogtowatch.com.

What do you think? Why is that going on against OMEGA there? ‎Is it tolerated by Mr. Adams? As no comments of a moderator are seen there, which IMO means a silent tolerance.

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 11, 2017

one of Sevenmack,s comment says it all

Sevenmack 2 months ago
    Agreed. The crowd who hang out here are so high maintenance and pretentious. Love to see them get all angry and haughty.

Apollo13 likes this.
  3. Rman Mar 11, 2017

1. Never trust a man named "Beefalope"::confused2::
    2. Most of their readers want a modified ETA at a really really great price.:rolleyes:
    3. I need a nap::yawn::

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 11, 2017

Trust me they moderate. I've had about 5 posts pulled.

I stopped reading comments there. Now is as good a time as any to remind you.

Never read the comments.

Mad Dog, Spy, Greatoldone and 3 others like this.
  5. tyrantlizardrex Mar 11, 2017

Paid content (not journalism) for clueless sheeple...

Mad Dog, Spy, Jwit and 2 others like this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 11, 2017

ABTW is a digital trade rag. They are there to flog watches. I've hated them ever since they tried to extort money from RGM. Regarding trolls that respond to articles... well there are some damaged and unhappy people out there. Life's too short to get sucked into their drama.

Mad Dog and rominvicta like this.
  7. night0wl Mar 11, 2017

What I want to understand is how you watch a blog? Last time I checked you read blogs. What do I know though, I like Omega watches.

Mad Dog and Jwit like this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 11, 2017

Well it was called ablogtoread.com originally.

Jwit likes this.
  9. rominvicta Mar 11, 2017

Wait I can't get you. What do you mean? They moderate positive opinions about Omega? If so, I should be deleting the link to the site immediately.

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 12, 2017

Lol no mostly comments on sponsored posts where I have constructive criticism of new watch brands. Stuff like "Your charging 4 grand for a derivative design with a bare bones eta?" And "2k for a sub clone with a quartz movement? Do you also sell bridges?"

Speedmasterfan88, ahartfie and STANDY like this.
  11. night0wl Mar 12, 2017

See that would make more sense.

12. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 12, 2017

When I first started to delve into this thing of ours I read ABTR / ABTW... it was information but it soon became apparent that it was there to promote themselves and the PR folks at the watch giants. Ok so good survey still. Then they got into a dispute it is assumed with RGM over a tour and giveaway (when your total output is 250 watches a year and a 9 month lead time on in house calibers, being asked to give them away is a bit rough) and began this passive agressive disclaimer crap about RGM. No one was fooled and RGM is doing just fine in the stewardship of their brand without Ariel Adams, but the tours and givaway thing continues. So read them if you want industry propaganda or info on a modern watch but don't look for real criticism.

Edited Mar 12, 2017
    tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 12, 2017

When I first got into this thing of ours there was no internet and phones were still attached to walls ::facepalm2::

khmt2, Sheepdog812, ahartfie and 4 others like this.
  14. Perseus Mar 13, 2017

Many people don't express themselves well. A gentleman would say he doesn't care for this or that design feature while an immature person says "it looks like crap."

15. tyrantlizardrex Mar 13, 2017

While a writer who's more interested in sucking the collective teet of the watch industry will say everything is awesome... until people stop giving him free stuff.

16. rominvicta Mar 13, 2017

But why is it so? How come lots of people gather together at one and the same virtual place just to spit cheaply out on a brand like Omega? It is easy to get people together out of a passion for example. But how easy should it be to collect them all because they just want to aim their negativity on something, never mind what it is?

17. CrisROSE Mar 13, 2017

I always come to ABTW for the content, I never read a single comment. It adds nothing for me.

Luckily it's easily ignored :)

18. tyrantlizardrex Mar 13, 2017

Because trolls.

Debating the logic of trolls is almost as bad as feeding them... so let's not do that.

rominvicta likes this.
  19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 13, 2017

Ariels an interesting guy. I've met him a few times. He has some odd stances that are not in line with the industry. Example he is very pro the Apple Watch. He has a business and he is doing well for his readership. Sure the site has a shotgun approach and I think the sponsored posts need more curation and more visible differentiation but most of us still check it often.

20. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 13, 2017

I think this statement sums it up best.